132 | all of you

✿ ✿ ✿

    Samantha woke up, startled by movement in the room

    Samantha woke up, startled by movement in the room. Her heart began to beat fast, and just as she was about to take her wand, an arm was wrapped around her waist. She instantly calmed down, remembering where she was.

    The weight next to her sunk deeper as he approach her, and have her a kiss on the back, resting his cheek. She smiled softly, putting her hand on top of his.

    For the first time in a while, she was calm. Despite everything happening around them, she felt peace and safety. After all those years, they were finally together, maybe not the same way they would have wanted, but she appreciated everything little moment.

    ❝what are you thinking about?❞ Sirius asked quietly, feeling how her heart was beating.

    ❝memories❞ she whispered. She felt his smile against her skin, causing her to smile back.

Samantha turned around, facing him. The two stared at each other, analyzing their features, just like the first time they met.

❝I never apologized❞ he sighed, putting a hand on her cheek.

She frowned ❝about what?❞

❝this is not the life I wanted to give you❞ he whispered, looking at her with sunken eyes. She sighed, pursing her lips.

❝It's not❞ she shrugged lightly, putting a hand on his cheek as well ❝but it's what we have, and as long as we're here, together, it's all that matters❞

Sirius smiled softly, shaking his head ❝I could never understand how you were so optimistic and understanding, even at the worst moments❞

❝someone has to❞ she whispered, sniffing ❝it's hard, especially when all I wanted to do was to go cry and hide away, but that would be selfish of me...how could I do all of that if I knew people counted on me?❞

He shook his head ❝you're too harsh on yourself, Sammy❞

❝maybe❞ she smiled gently, stroking his cheek ❝but that's what keeps me on my toes, I need to take control❞

❝who would have thought that you, one of the shiest people in our lives was going to be the one to guide us through everything❞ Sirius said, causing her chuckled.

❝I wasn't that shy❞ she argued, shaking her head.

❝a little❞ he nodded, chuckled ❝I remember how much you used to blush when I called you pretty, or when I gave you kisses on the cheek❞

The two laughed, remembering those moments. She didn't argued that, because even the slightest look would cause butterflies in her stomach.

❝don't remind me❞ she groaned, causing him to laugh harder.

❝I think you're pretty❞ he grinned, and she rolled her eyes, knowing what he was doing ❝very, very, very pretty❞

❝stop❞ she complained, taker her hands away from him.

Sirius approached her, causing their faces to be centimeters close to each other ❝and beautiful❞ he gave her a kiss on the cheek and she couldn't help but blush, causing his smile to go wider.

He began to kiss all her face, and she pushed him lightly, letting out giggles in the process.

Sirius turned, positioning himself almost on top, and wrapped his arms around her, smiling while he stared into her eyes.

❝you want to know what kept me going all those years when I was trapped there?❞ he asked, and she shook her head ❝you❞ he traced a finger in her face, smoothly ❝I know I had to go back to you...even if you had made a life without me, I just wanted to make sure you were safe, and happy❞

She stayed quiet, listening to every word he was staying. It hit her like a train, breaking her heart in a million pieced when she realized that the two were just waiting to be with the other, just because they wanted to make sure they were safe and happy.

❝and I'm here now❞ she took his face in her hands, smiling softly ❝we're here now, together❞

❝we always find a way back to each other❞ he leaned closer, and they could feel their breathes colliding, she looked into his eyes, catching the familiar sparkle that she longed. In thy moment she knew they all each other, with regrets, mistakes, love and adoration. Everything included, everything that form them ❝I love you, Samantha Castle❞

❝and I love you, Sirius Black❞

Samantha walked discreetly, trying not to raise any unwanted attention.

The environment in the Ministry was tense, she would feel the anxiety and the suspicion of every single person around her. They were all worried, and even though the occurrence had not been something more than rumors and accusations, they all had suspicions of what was lurking underneath their own offices.

People talked in hushed tones, they looked behind their back and didn't maintained eye contact for long. It was all starting over again. And just like it had started before, with whispers, secrets and a lot of power.

Samantha tried to walked as fast as possible, but not to the pint of raising suspicion. She still tried to look around, taking note of specific people and actions done.

Even through she was not asked to by the Order, she still tried to keep a low profile and report any change. After all, she had taken the job to be a spy for the Order all those eyes ago.

Near her, a group of people gathered around to get the daily news. She rolled her eyes, already knowing what was the content of the paper.

However, something made her look to one of the stances. In on of the front pages of a specific newsstand were two pictures, one of herself and the other one of Jasper. She frowned, approaching the paper.

There were talking about herself, the usual stuff, which she didn't care about anymore. But what surprised her was what they were saying about Jasper.

According to the paper, he was one of the people who believe Harry, and was spreading the word of the returned of the Dark Lord. She raised her eyebrows, not knowing how to react.

    There was more details on the both of them, partially blaming her for the sudden outburst caused by Harry in the tournament and of Jasper speaking about it. She wasn't surprised, but she still decided to take a copy.

    Looking around, she began to walk away, her gaze settling on the floor. As she made her way to her respective office, she was unaware of someone looking at her, following her every move. They were discrete, learning her way around and her schedule.

    Samantha felt her chest tighten, her gut feeling intensifying. She looked behind her, trying to catch the gaze of someone, but it was too late, they were already hidden in the shadows.

✿ ✿ ✿