107 | bad dream

✿ ✿ ✿

    Samantha was awoken by a loud bang

    Samantha was awoken by a loud bang. Instantly, her eyes opened and her hand was already clutching her wand, ready to send a spell. Her heart began to beat faster and her eyes moved around the room, waiting to something to come out of the shadows.

    It was early morning, and she had been resting before going back home. But at the moment, her mind was on keeping herself alive.

    However, there wasn't any malice lurking around her. She waited and waited for someone to appear and take her life, but all she could hear were voices. Outside her door and windows muffled voices and screams were appearing, but before she could think of the worst, the sound of laughter came rushing towards her.

    What Samantha had been expected were the screams of people being tortured or taken away, not the laughter or the celebration that was suddenly erupting. She remained there, frozen in her spot. Her heart still was beating, threatening to come out at any time, and even through her hand was a little shaky, she had come to terms with herself that if it was going to be her last time, she wasn't going down easily.

    The echoed of the footsteps and the shadows under her door were becoming viable. Even though her whole body begged her to stay there, her mind knew that the most logical thing to do was to go investigate. If there was an attack, it was better for her to be there and prepared, than to stay in the room and be caught by surprise.

    Slowly, Samantha put on her boots and held tightly her wand. Reaching to her chest, she kissed her necklaces and began to walk towards the door with the wand in position. Already having spells in mind, she put her hand in the doorknob.

    Samantha counted to three, she took a deep breath and then opened the door with force.

    Her hand was pointing out straight to the center, almost sending out a defense, but instead of seeing people distraught, she was greeted with sounds of joy. She walked out of her room and walked towards the entrance, everyone around, from all the directions her eyes could see, had a smile in their face. They were hugging each other, drinking and signing. She left the room, just as an owl was making her way towards the window carrying a message.

    Samantha Castle was beyond confused.

    She didn't understand how could they be celebrating in those days, were people were hiding out of fear of being taken and getting killed. She didn't understand what was the cause of joy if there were dark wizards among them trying to destroy everyone. Then it hit her.

    That moment, her heart stopped and her mouth was covered by her hands. She gulped, looking everywhere around for a familiar face in the sea of now reckless behavior. There must had been one reason of celebration after so many dark days, and she feared the worst.

    ❝Agatha!❞ Samantha called desperately once she spotted the face of one of her coworkers. The blonde witch turn around, wearing a wide smile in her face, however, it quickly disappeared once she saw the Castle girl.