75 | like lovers do

✿ ✿ ✿

Samantha could hear the fainted laugh of her friends in the common room while she finished packing

Samantha could hear the fainted laugh of her friends in the common room while she finished packing. Sighing, she closed her trunk and she passed a hand through the smooth ledger.

A lump began to formed in her throat, itching to let the sadness out, but she shook her head and stepped back from the bed, not wanting to be feel that way.

She sniffed and looked around the room, embracing herself. All those memories plastered between those four walls were crushing her slowly. She looked at every inch of the room, knowing she will not be seeing it ever again.

This was the room where she grew up. The room where she became in sync with her heart and emotions. Where she had spend countless times talking to her best friends, the ones who will stayed with her forever. Where she poured her heart out to someone special.

The nostalgia felt heavy, but she fought back the tears and smiled. She didn't want to leave the room in a bad note, instead, she was going to be happy. Happy and grateful for all those things that had happened to her.

❝Sam, are you ready?❞

Lily entered the room with a smile, but began to fade when she saw her friend. Samantha was not facing the door, not prepared to leave yet. Lily sighed and approached her, looking around the room was well, reminiscing.

Lily smiled softly and looked down, understanding the feelings Samantha was having. She was leaving her home too, after all. Lily accompanied her in the silence, not wanting to break it.

❝Did you two forgot to—❞

Marlene entered the room as well, but stopped once she saw what was happening. She let out a breath at the sight of her friends, she smiled slightly and approached the two girls, standing next to Samantha.

❝This is it❞ Samantha said softly. Saying out loud felt strange.

❝This is it❞ Marlene and Lily confirmed, nodding at the words.

The three girls stood there for awhile, admiring for the last time the room that kept them safe for seven years. Where they had met each other and became inseparable.

❝I'm going to miss this❞ Lily confessed, whispering. She felt the sudden urge to cry, but she sniffed and maintained composure.

❝Me too❞ Samantha agreed, smiling slightly at Lily.

The three girls sighed and chuckled, each of them remembering something that had caused them joy once.

Samantha being in the middle, put her arms around her two friends. Lily and Marlene approached quickly, embracing her as well. They wrapped their arms around her waist and neck, and the three of them stood in silence one last time.