117 | old cuts

✿ ✿ ✿

Samantha sat patiently in a bench

Samantha sat patiently in a bench. Her eyes were watching how multiple students went in and out of the stores, like she did once. There was a sad smile in her face at the sight, her mind betrayed her and began to remember old times.

    Her heart ache, even though it had been so long ago. Everything felt and seem the same, and it was, except that people were missing from her picture.

    Samantha sighed and looked down, playing with her hands. She was waiting for Harry after he send her a letter. It was Christmas Eve, so she at least was going to see him before the holiday.

    ❝Hi Sam❞

    Samantha looked up immediately, greeted by Harry, Ron and Hermione. She smiled and stood up, walking towards them.

    ❝Hello, you three❞

    She hugged Harry first, and even though he seem a little rigid, he returned the hug. She did the same with Ron and Hermione and then looked between the trio, trying to figure out what was going on.

    ❝We'll see you later❞ Hermione smiled at the two and began to walk away with Ron. Samantha was taken back, thinking that they were going to spend the day with them too.

❝What's going on?❞ she asked, looking back at Harry who was looking down ❝you know you can talk to me—❞

❝You lied to me❞ he spoke hardly, looking up at her.

❝What?❞ she frowned, analyzing his face to see if it was some kind of joke ❝I have never—what do you mean?❞

❝You never told me you support the man who helped kill my parents, I thought you were their friend!❞

    The people passing by turn to see them, hearing the commotion. Samantha opened her mouth in disbelief; her baffled expression adorning her face. Harry clenched his fist and walked away, to a more private area. Her godmother followed him immediately, wanting to know what sort of accusation was that.

❝Harry James Potter, how can you accused me of such thing!❞ she demanded, her hand pressed against her chest, trying to prevent the pain from spreading ❝how can you say that?❞ she whispered.

    ❝I know the truth!❞ he raised his voice, opening his arms to establish a big position ❝I know how you are helping the murderer Sirius Black!❞

    Oh for the love of godric, not him too, she thought, covering her face with her hands.

    ❝Harry, let me explain❞ she spoke calmly, sighing heavily.

    ❝Why, so you can tell me more lies?❞ he inhaled sharply, getting angrier.

    ❝Can you please let me explain?❞ she pleaded in a gently tone, not wanting to raise her voice at him. Two arguments in the same week wouldn't let a good mark in her heart.