102 | the arrival

✿ ✿ ✿

    Samantha was peacefully sleeping

Samantha was peacefully sleeping. Her head was against Lily's, the two breathing softly as they had the blanket up to their chins.

The redhead had began to feel symptoms since yesterday, and even though they had went to the hospital for the birth of the baby, they told her that she wasn't there yet.

    Being in those circumstances, the group of friends decided to stay in the same room in case of emergency. Samantha had been in the hospital the day before to see Alice, who had her baby boy as well. The Castle girl met their baby, and she was so happy because he was Harry's age.

James, Sirius and Remus were sleeping in front of them in the inflatable bed, where their bodies were pushing each other. Samantha was going to sleep in the other bed with Sirius and Remus, but James insisted not to.

    The morning sun had began to infiltrate the room, resting the daylight rays of sunshine upon their faces. The house had been silent and steady, the only thing that could be heard was the snoring of the boys and the ticks of the clock.

However, the silence was disturbed by a groan and sharp breath. Lily opened her eyes forcefully, feeling a strong sting that send shots of pain throughout her body. She sighed and rested her hand upon her belly, trying to ease the pain. The redhead took her pillow to positioned it in a higher level and turn to her left, smiling softly at Samantha's calmness, but that didn't stop the pain from spreading, as her mouth let out a more loud sound of pain.

    Instantly, Samantha's eyes opened and looked around in alarm until her gaze fell on her friend. Lily was inhaling and exhaling, and sweat began to drip down her forehead, rolling down her porcelain skin.

    ❝Hey, what happened?❞ Samantha questioned, taking off the covers off her body to kneel next to her ❝are you alright?❞

    ❝Yeah, Nothing to worry about, just—❞ a short, yet painful moan escape her lips. She shook her head lightly, trying to give her concerned friend a smile ❝just some contractions, that's all❞

    ❝do you want me to wake up James?❞ Sam asked, resting her hand in her lower arm in comfort.

    ❝No, no, it's alright❞ Lily shook her head one again, massaging her belly ❝He's nervous enough already, I'll be alright, go to sleep, Sam❞

    This time it was Samantha's turn to shake her head. She took her pillow and imitated her, sitting up to her level.

    ❝it's okay, I'll stay here until the pain goes away❞ the brunette gave her a wide smile, interlacing her hand with hers ❝if it hurts too much, squeeze my hand❞

    Lily chuckled, looking down at their hands ❝you've gone mad, I might crush it❞

    Samantha shrugged ❝I'll be alright, nothing a potion can't fix❞