114 | a step closer

✿ ✿ ✿

    Samantha sat in the bench, along with other professors and guests

    Samantha sat in the bench, along with other professors and guests. They were all waiting for the game to start, the sport was one of the most anticipated events all year. As usual, Samantha had been there for each of Harry's games since he was selected in his first year. It was another similarly he had with his parents, he inherited James' skills in the sport.

    It was a very rainy and cloudy day, but that still didn't took away everyone's excitement. As the heavy rain poured down, Samantha stood without a jacket among everyone; it was rather odd if you saw from another perspective, but she had refused to ever wear a jacket in the rain, something no one ever knew why.

    The teams finally appeared from their respective sides, causing uproar throughout the whole field. Everyone clapped and cheered, and the teams went to their positions.

    ❝Ms Castle, aren't you cold?❞ She turned, facing professor Mcgonagall. The brunette shook her head just as drops roll down her cheek to her chin ❝You're going to get sick❞

    ❝Nothing Madam Pomfrey can't fix❞ Samantha answered with a smile, looking up at the sky as memories rushed in her head.

The game began shortly after, and they all could see that the weather was not in their favor. Despite the heavy rain, both teams still managed to play their best.

Samantha cheered, probably the loudest. She watched with excitement how the everyone played, occasionally remembering how her younger self sat in those benches watching her house played, cheering with Marlene on her side.

But as the game went on, an uneasy feeling overwhelmed her. It was a something she hadn't felt in a long time. A desperate and nervous bubbling that awoke all her senses. Suddenly she wasn't cheering anymore, and she felt her heart ache when Harry disappeared in the clouds above.

    The aura around them started to grow cold, something evil appearing, draining all their happiness and joyfulness away. Samantha knew then what was happening and she rose to her feet and turn, about to warn someone, but a sudden scream made her body freeze.

    From the stands, Samantha felt her soul leave her body when she saw Harry falling down aimlessly. Memories and thoughts began to appear in her head, but she didn't need those right now, she needed her reflexes.

    Before Harry could reach the ground, Samantha took out her wand and printed in his direction. With a loud and steady voice, she focused ❝Arresto Momentum!❞

    The spell reached the young Potter in time, and they all watched how he stop mid air, then gracefully laid in the grass without a scratch. The whole field remained silent, their eyes setting in the woman who throw the spell. Samantha was the first one to react and took off running down the tower towards her godson's aid.