129 | relief

✿ ✿ ✿

    Samantha woke up, startled by a scream

    Samantha woke up, startled by a scream. Her first action was to take her wand that was hidden in her mattress and pointed at the room, thinking someone was around. Once she realized that the sound was not in the same room as her, she lowered her wand. But if she was safe, that meant Harry was the source of the scream.

    She got out of the bed and ran out of the room, towards his room. That had been the routine for months now, Harry would scream and she would run to his room due to his nightmares. Some nights were better than others.

    The death of Cedric had hit harder than they realized, especially because he was the one who witnessed his murderer. Though Harry wanted to forget, it was also the most recent source of his anger towards the dark lord.

The door was open, allowing her to get in the room in a faster pace. She saw him struggling with the blankets, his head moving frantically around as sweat dripped down his forehead.

❝hey, you're alright❞ Samantha managed him to stop moving around, holding back his shoulders ❝it's okay❞ she whispered, lulling him with a calm hummed. She sat down in the bed and brought him towards her.

Harry let out a shaky breath, calming down at the comfort of her company. He kept his eyes close, breathing heavily as he tried to forget about the dream that had just took place.

❝you're okay❞ she whispered one last time, passing her hand through his hair ❝you're okay, I'm here❞

    She exhaled, trying to keep her eyes open. It didn't bother her that she had to calm him down often, she knew what he was going though was difficult, she couldn't blame him. That's why she did whatever he could to make sure he knew she was there for him.

    She looked around the room, and yawned, she was too tired. Soon, her eyes couldn't stay open for long, she accepted the peace, allowing her to drift into sleep again.

Samantha glanced at Harry with worry, but her eyes remained in the television in front of her. She did it a couple of times, trying to be discrete. It wasn't until he let out a growl in anger, throwing the letter to the floor that she fully faced him. She saw the papers in the floor, then look back at him.

❝you okay?❞ she asked softly, turning the volume down from the movie they were watching.

    ❝I guess❞ he muttered, taking his blanket up to his chest. He eyed the letters that were on the floor with anger before turning to see movie.

    ❝Harry, you can't be angry at them because—❞

    ❝Yes, I can❞ Harry interrupted, looking at her due to her being in the other couch ❝it's not fair, I should be the one to know what's going on❞