118 | midnight trouble

✿ ✿ ✿

Samantha was awoken by a noise, making her heart skip a beat

Samantha was awoken by a noise, making her heart skip a beat. Through the course of the years, she had trained herself to wake up at the sudden and low sounds for precaution. Her hand immediately went towards her wand and without a second thought, she turned and pointed towards the source.

    In front of her stood a wolf patronus, illuminated by the late sights of the moon slipping through her curtains. She blinked, recognizing the animal. She lowered her wand and got out of bed, making her way to it.

    ❝Remus, what is it, what's going on?❞ she asked desperately, knowing that something bad must had happened.

    ❝I didn't took my potion, I'm in the forbidden forest, I just woke up, I don't know what to do❞ Remus' voice appeared through the patronus, making her eyes widen.

    ❝are you okay? are you hurt?❞ she questioned, making her way towards her closet to get dress and go with him.

    ❝I'm not hurt, but I don't know if I hurt someone, Sam what if I did—❞

    ❝Hey, it's okay, we'll figure it out, but right now, I need you to breath deeply❞ she spoke gently, not wanting him to have a panic attack. She had learned how to help with his episodes, making potions and other things to control his other side.

    ❝but what if—❞

    Samantha continued changing as fast as she could, taking stuff she knew they will need once she got there ❝Remus, breath, I need you to calm down❞

    Jogging towards the other end of the room, she took her purse and coat, ready to head out.

    ❝I'm on my way, okay? Just hold on❞ she pleaded, her eyes widen.

    The patronus disappeared, and she went downstairs quickly. Her steps were firm and she walked towards her cabinet, taking a calmness potion with her. She put everything in her purse and soon apparated in line limit at the school, to the aid of her best friend.

    Samantha walked in the forbidden forest, her hand illuminating her path. Apparently, the headmaster knew something had happened and she didn't had to ask for permission to enter the school grounds, they allowed her to come in quickly.

    The first and last time she had been there was when James had convinced her to look for some unicorns, telling her how good a picture with one would look like. Samantha, being so naive and excited, she followed the boy.

    With a camera in hand, the two walked in the forest in the lookout for the unicorn. However, they had only found a troll that was close to getting them if it wasn't for some birds distracting him. The two had run and promised to never entered again.