116 | sudden encounters

✿ ✿ ✿

    Samantha sighed, asking herself if she did something wrong

    Samantha sighed, asking herself if she did something wrong. She looked down at the short letter, feeing her chest getting tighter. She rested her back against the chair, setting the letter next to the newspaper with the familiar face printed as first page.

Her hand massaged her temple, feeing a headache coming to her. Perhaps she was getting sick, or maybe it was the stress. She closed her eyes, sighing deeply.

For some reason, her godson was barely answering her letters, and when he did, he was very short and dry. She knew there was something wrong because he was always very detailed on everything, and she could even see in his answer that he was angry at her.

It was almost Christmas, and she was planing on spending it with Harry, but he just told her that he wanted to spend it in the castle. She was a little disappointed, but she understood. She wasn't going to force him to be with her, and he wanted to be with his friends, and she wasn't going to deny him that. Samantha was like that too.

    Now, it was going to be another year of being alone. She didn't want to bother anyone, so making plans to stay home was better. She would only deliver her gifts and she would come back.

    Just as she was about to stand up and go to bed, the front door opened, making her look up. Before getting alarmed, the heavy footsteps of Jasper appeared and he soon was in her view.

    Samantha looked away, not wanting to see him. Her only wish that he would go away and leave her alone. It was better that way, but he had other idea.

    Jasper made his way to her in a steady pace, sighing as he looked around. He put his briefcase in the table, but didn't sat down, he only gave her a look before his gaze fell on the newspaper a few inches from her.

❝It needs to stop❞ he demanded with a heavy tone.

Samantha raised her eyebrow ❝pardon?❞

❝This needs to stop❞ Jasper walked around the table, grabbing the newspaper in his grip ❝you need to stop speaking for him, he is gone❞

❝You are in no terms to demand anything from me❞ she tilted her head, giving him a hard look ❝You don't tell me what to do❞

❝If you're not aware, we're engage, and everything you do, affects me❞ he shook the paper in his hand, pointing at the picture of Sirius ❝It's not my fault you don't see the truth about him❞

❝And what it's truth, according to you?❞ she stood up, crossing her arms.

❝He is a killer, can't you see?❞ he raised his voice, throwing the paper aggressively. He then chuckled bitterly, shaking his head ❝of course, you've been blinded by him since you were a girl❞