84 | yellow lights

✿ ✿ ✿

Samantha groaned, and shook her head just as James was shaking her by the shoulders

    ❝Breath, Samantha!❞

❝How is she supposed to breath if your shaking her like that, Potter!❞ Lily exclaimed, rolling her eyes ❝And that's not how you should do it❞ She pushed James to the side and positioned herself in front of Samatha, putting her hands gentle on top of her shoulders ❝Breath, Samantha❞ Lily said softly, making James opened his mouth, offended.

    ❝But that's what I—❞

    ❝Hush!❞ Lily and Marlene said a the same time, making James frowned. He mumbled something to himself and sat down in Samatha's bed, crossing his arms.

    ❝Now, sit here and try to no throw up❞ Marlene ordered Samantha, making her sit next to James.

    ❝I don't know if I like this dress anymore❞ Samantha confessed, making the people in the room look at her incredulously.

❝What do you—❞

❝But I—❞

❝The dress it's gorgeous, I chose
it—❞

Everyone talked at the same time, while Sam was fidgeting. James watched as his girlfriend and Marlene were telling Samantha how pretty she looked, but he knew she wasn't really listening.

❝Can I speak to Sam, alone?❞ James spoke up, making the girls quiet. They looked at each other, and after a few seconds, they nodded and got out of the room.

Once they were gone, Samantha groaned and feel backwards in the bed. James imitated her and sighed.

❝Why are you hesitating?❞ James asked, looking at her. Samantha furrowed her eyebrows and looked at him briefly, but the looked at the ceiling.

❝Honestly, I don't know❞ she answered, shaking her head a little. They stood in silence for a good couple of seconds, until James turn to look at the ceiling and tried to cheer her up.

❝Maybe my opinion won't matter as much, but I think you look beautiful❞ he said, making Samantha smile ❝And I'm not saying it because you're my best friend or to make you feel better, I really mean it❞

Samantha nodded and turn to see him, smiling.

❝But you don't need me or anyone else to say it, you should know it already❞ James smiled, turning to see her.

Samantha nodded again, and hugged him,—awkwardly thanks to the position they were in.

❝People should see this side of you, they think you're a prat❞ Samantha chucked, making James raised his eyebrows.