135 | not the same

Start from the beginning

❝do you think I'm going to be like him?❞ he looked down, and she sighed, shaking her head.

❝you're not like him❞ she said firmly, taking his hand and squeezing it, she took a breath ❝Voldemort and you are not the same, and you will never be the same❞

    ❝how did you know? Everyone treats me like I'm about to snap, like I'm a danger❞ he frowned, shaking his head as she pursued her lips.

    ❝how do I know?❞ she tilted her head, taking his head to make up look up ❝because you have something he doesn't❞ he looked at her, furrowing his eyebrows ❝family, and love❞ she smiled gently, dropping her hand ❝he can try all he wants, but in the end, you're stronger, and I don't mean in the sense of having an army or followers, but in here❞ she pointed at his head, then down in his chest, in his heart ❝and here❞

    Harry looked down, analyzing what she was saying, then he remember what she had said, and looked up again at her ❝you said his name❞

    Samantha exhaled, nodding slowly ❝we can't all be afraid of him forever, and although I don't have all the right to say his name like you do, I'm done being afraid❞

    Harry smiled softly, nodding ❝you do have the right, he took away your best friends❞

    Samantha pursed her lips, looking away from her spot next to the window ❝he took away a part of everyone❞

    Samantha sighed, feeling how all eyes were on her. She tried to ignore them, like always, but there was always something preying in her mind that kept reminding her that she was being watched, judged.

She held her purse tighter, trying not to show any sign of weakness. Her heart was beating fast. She was glad that the pounding was loud, it was enough to echo in her mind and use as a distraction.

Then, she was not alone anymore. She was glad that he had come in that moment, because the silence that had been laid the moment she entered the store was suffocating her.

❝you okay?❞ Remus asked, beginning to walk inside the store. He was aware of the eyes around them, and he as well tried his best to ignore them.

Samantha locked her arm with his, keeping her gaze ahead ❝yeah❞ she mumbled, nodding lightly.

The two made their way deeper, taking the things they needed. People avoided them like a plague, and even though there was no good enough reason to, they still acted the same childish way. She understood that fear was a factor in their behavior, but it didn't take out how they felt due to their actions.

They feared the messengers, yet the sender was the one they should be terrified of.

Remus glanced around, just like the rest of the people did. Everyone was quiet, the aura was tense, cutting smoothly through the air around them. They were all worried, even if they didn't realized because they were still living a lie, people were disappearing. Not at an alarming rate, but enough to catch the attention of the Order.

    And to add to their problems, prisoners from Azkaban had escaped. Everyone was on edge, looking over their shoulder.

Like all those years ago, she didn't went to places alone anymore. They all stuck together, they had a better chance at surviving with someone by their side.

    A man passed them, pushing her shoulder a little too much. Remus caught the moment and went forward towards the man, but she managed to hold him down.

❝Rem, it's okay, let's go❞ she whispered, having a hand on his chest while she tried to make him walk away.

    ❝do you have a problem?❞ the man asked, turning to see Remus with an eyebrow raised.

     ❝no problem with me, but you, on the other hand❞ Remus narrowed his eyes at the man.

    Just as the latter was about to go forward, another woman entered their view, looking between all of them. She was quietly took the man's arm and tried to dragged him out of the situation, just like she was doing. The two women locked eyes, and nodded lightly.

    ❝hey❞ she whispered, trying to catch his attention. Remus looked down and she tried to give him a smile ❝it's alright, let's just finish and go home, yeah?❞

    Remus nodded, and the two began to walk in the aisles to finish their grocery shopping. She was tense, all she wanted to do was to get the people to stop staring, but thinking about it only made more overwhelmed.

They both went to the registry and payed for everything as fast as they could, grabbing the bag and exiting the place.

     Quickly, they apparated to headquarters, only to find people leaving a meeting. Remus just looked at them for a brief moment before entering to leave the bags somewhere else. Sam stood there, watching as the members passed by, nodding at her.

    She stayed still, wondering what she did to make them thing she couldn't be trusted. It wasn't only because of Harry, there was something else, but she couldn't quite figure out why.

     She watched as they left the home, leaving her alone by herself. There were still people in the house, most likely the Weasleys. But she stayed in her place, feeling the weight of the bags in her hands along with the heavy load in her shoulders that kept accumulating each day.

✿ ✿ ✿