Harry looked at her ❝he's truly leaving?❞

    ❝Yeah, for good❞ she nodded, folding her arms across her chest ❝aren't you going to watch the movie?❞

    Harry nodded and went back to sit in the couch, but still gave her glances from time to time. She stood there, not comfortable with his presence in the house. As long as he was there, she wasn't going to feel safe.

    A couple of minutes later, the sound of his footsteps were heard again. He came down the stairs in a low paced manner, and she stood up straight, ready to open the door and never see him again.

    However, right when she was bout to take a step, he walked towards her, analyzing her.

    ❝Can we talk?❞ he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

    ❝I have nothing to talk to you about❞ she shrugged, opening the door. She stood by it, waiting for him.

❝Samantha, we need to talk❞ he approach towards her, and her hand went instantly to her wand.

❝about what?❞ she raised her eyebrow, feeling the anger rise in her chest ❝why don't you go? And please, never come back❞

Jasper opened his mouth to response, but then remembered Harry was there. He turn to see the boy and then at Samantha.

❝could you excuse us, Harry? We really need to talk❞ Jasper asked, and Harry slowly got up his seat.

Seeing the man was not going to give up any time soon, she turn to Harry and nodded, telling him it was okay. She closed the door without locking it, ready to threw him out at any moment. The quicker the conversation was, the better.

Harry nodded and began to walk up his room, still glancing at the two. He had never seen them argue, but he knew that they did it often. When he was out of reach, the two turn to see each other.

❝alright, what do you want?❞ she spat, looking at him with her eyebrows raised.

❝I came here for my stuff, and to apologize❞ he looked away, like his word were physically hurting him ❝so I'm sorry❞

She scoffed but didn't say anything. She was not sorry for hitting him, for defending herself. The only thing she started to do was walk towards the door.

❝This is your fault, you know that, right?❞ he raised his eyebrow, and she stopped mid way.

Samantha turned, frowning ❝pardon?❞

❝this would've never happened if you would just keep quiet❞ he opened his arms in a defensive manner ❝but no, you have to open your mouth every time because you can't tolerate someone had more advantage than you❞

❝what the hell are you talking about?❞ she questioned, eyes widen. She shook her head, pointing at the door, she was done with him ❝I'm not going to stand here and argue, so please, be mature and leave❞

Jasper looked at her for some time, analyzing her. He then sighed and began to walk towards the door, only stopping when he was beside her. She looked ahead, not even giving him a look.

❝this would've never happen if you would just had let me love you❞ he whispered, and she clenched her fist, but her eyes were still settle ahead ❝I know we never had a chance, and it's a shame, because I would have love you more than he could have❞

❝leave❞ she whispered, feeling his eyes all over her face.

Jasper didn't move, he only stayed there, planted like an arrow too far into the skin ❝do you hate me?❞

Did she hate him?

Samantha remembered all those times she had cried after arguments, not because she cared for him, but because she hated arguing. She remembered all those times he tried to control her life, and the times he had thrown out something important for her "as an accident". She remembered all the disgusting looks and the verbal comments to her. She remembered the time he attacked her.

At first, she wanted to at least establish a friendship. She had made clear she didn't love him or wanted to be with him. Samantha didn't want other relationship, not only because she still loved Sirius, but because she didn't had the time for someone else breaking her heart.

Did she hate him?

❝No❞ she replied. This time, she allow her eyes look at him, but they held no anger ❝I don't hate you❞ she smiled, looking at him in the eyes so he would know she was telling the truth ❝hate is a feeling, and I don't feel anything towards you❞

    The two stayed silent, not wanting to say more.

Jasper then look away and nodded, and finally, he opened the front door and left, slamming it after him. She sighed, feeling a sudden being lift from her shoulders. Another problem was gone, disappearing from their lives.

    The arrow that had been deep into her skin was now out after a lot of effort, and she could feel the relief spread through her body.

    Samantha let her back rest against the wall, passing a hand through her hair. She lock the door and looked down, feeling a slight change in her mood.

    ❝Sam?❞

    She turn around, smiling at Harry who was at the top of the stairs. He was frowning, after being startled by the slamming door he came rushing back, only to see her standing by herself.

    ❝It's alright Harry❞ she smiled, nodding at him. She extended her hand up towards him, hoping he would take it ❝we'll be alright❞

    Harry went down the stairs and took her hand. Without warning, she hugged him. More tightly than the time he won his first match, more tightly than the day he surprised her on her birthday with a breakfast for her after he snuck out of school, more tightly than the day she thought she was going to lose him. Just like his mother had hug her all those years back.

    ❝we'll be alright❞

✿ ✿ ✿