126 | teenage fantasy

Start from the beginning

    The first thing that she took out of the box a picture of James carrying her in a park. The two of them were laughing, probably about something he had said. She set the picture down and took out another item, making her smile fade a little. In her hand, she had a bracelet that Marlene asked to her keep for a few days, not wanting to lose it while she was at her parents. That was the last thing she had from her.

    Samantha took out all the stuff from the box and was faced with photos, some cds, pieces of parlament and books. She didn't remember having all that stuff in that box, perhaps she needed to add more pictures to her walls.

    Before noticing, she was already reading the pieces of parliament. They were notes that her friends and her passed in classes throughout the years. She had saved them all for no reason, but now, she was happy she did.

    The smile in her face didn't left, but it wasn't as wide as it used to. The objects in front of her were a reminder that her teenage fantasy didn't go as planned.

She completely forgot what she was doing and was now organizing the box, taking only the pictures out. Her eyes were settling in the faces of her friends, and even though there was not a day that passed where she didn't remember them. It felt so long since she saw them, since she hugged them and laughed with them.

Nostalgia had never hit so much before, but now that she was an adult, taking care of a boy and trying to make a living, she just wanted to go back. She wanted to remember the feeling of being surrounded by her friends, of laughing everyday and talking to them like nothing could ever stop them, because there would be another day where they could do the same thing over again.

She cleaned the tears that had fallen out of her eyes with a small smile. She could hear Lily's voice in her head saying that she shouldn't cry, because she was right there with her.

❝Sam?❞ a voice called from downstairs, making her flinch in surprise.

❝U-up here!❞ she answered, putting everything on the box again quickly. She didn't want him to see her sad, it wasn't fair for neither of them.

As the footsteps began to come closer, she closed the box and send it up in the closet with her hand. So when the figure of Remus appeared in her door, only the pictures were scattered in her bed.

❝Hey❞ she greeted, smiling at her best friend. He entered the room, giving her a half smile.

❝Hey❞

He approached the bed and sat down in front of her, half laying in front of the pictures. She dropped her gaze and stared at the photos as well, a vivid memory of their childhood and teenage years.

❝what were you doing?❞ he asked, taking a picture where she was laughing with Marlene and him in James' house. He instantly noticed she had been crying, and he had an idea of why.

❝I uhm❞ she shrugged a little, clearing her throat with her eyes still in the pictures ❝I just saw the pictures and wanted to reminisce❞

Remus nodded, taking some other photos in hand. A small smile appeared in his face, having his own memories of those days.

❝I want to hang them, maybe like a collage in the living room❞ Sam said lowly, and he nodded, liking the idea.

❝That sounds great❞ he whispered, setting down the pictures. He cleared his throat, not wanting to let out a shaky breath.

❝How was the interview?❞ she asked, taking them into a pile for later. He sighed, and she could already see the answer they gave him.

❝They're going to call me❞ Remus mumbled, sitting up straight. She felt bad that this was happening to him, especially because he could do a great job at everything, if he was just given a chance ❝come on, I got some food❞