❝Alright❞ she stopped, still smiling at him. She put her hands on his shoulders, looking at him with a more serious face ❝Be good, try to stay out of trouble, nothing about escaping the castle in the middle of the night or getting in trouble with a teacher, yeah? Oh! do your homework and essays❞ he began to groan, causing her smile to be wider ❝send me as many letters as you want...and be careful❞

    Harry nodded, even though she gave him the same speech every year. Finally, she let him go, and he took his stuff to board the train with his friends. However, before he could go in, he let of his stuff and ran towards her, embracing her tightly ❝be careful too❞ he whispered, and she smiled, nodding. He got in his tip toes and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

    ❝I love you!❞ Harry yelled, claiming the stairs of the train. He waved at her from the window, and she waved back.

    ❝I love you too!❞ she yelled back, smiling proudly at him. She then chuckled as she saw how Molly gave Ron his rat, the one who didn't seem to like her, always squealing if she was around. Then the train finally departed, and she stood there next to the mother of seven until it was no longer in sight.

It was late at night, and Samantha was home alone. She was kneeling down in front a couple of boxes in her room, looking for something with desperation. It was a long time ago since she had seen it, and her heart ache at the thought of it.

    Then she finally found it, it was with one of the boxes, next to some old books. She held her breath, and her eyes lingered at the sight of the old burgundy journal. The piece of her heart that she tried to bury due to all the memories it had, but with no success, because it was still carved in the back of her mind.

Leaning over, she extended her arms and hesitantly took the journal in hand. She smiled softly, and with a deep breath, she opened it. Her fingers traced delicately the paper, as if it could break under her soft touch. The soft smile soon turn into a sad one, and she couldn't help but reminisce.

With her bottom lip shaking, she began to go through the pages, occasionally letting out soft chuckles when reading something, or at seeing the corner of the page where she had drawn a heart with both their initials inside.

    She sighed and continued to pass the pages until she stopped in a blank one. Her eyes looked around the room, looking for a quill. When she finally saw one in her night stand, she made her way there.

    Samantha sat next to the bed, her back pressed against it. Instantly, her hand took the quill in hand and shakily made its way to the page. She missed the feeling it gave her. It was the best way for her to cope, the place where she poured out her heart and feelings without feeling judge. The place that knew her inside and out.

    Just as she was about to begin writing, the doorbell rang, echoing through the house. She immediately looked up, setting down the quill and the journal. She hid them under the bed and stood up, taking her wand with her.

    Her soft footsteps made the wood underneath her feet creak, making it sound louder than it should had been. She made her way downstairs with discretion, her wand and mind prepared for everything. Although there wasn't supposed to be any danger, she still live with fear, and took every precaution to be safe.

    Once she reached the door, she leaned over, her eye in the peephole as it looked for the person in the other side of the door. However, no one was there. But before she could walk away, she could see something in the doorstep, sitting there.

    Samantha took a step back, thinking about if she should see what it was or not. She sighed, realizing that if it was a threat, an alarm would've gone off. Her security had been increased every year, and thanks to a retired auror, she knew how to be better at it.

    With shines in her eyes, she unlocked all the locks in the door, and when it came to the last one, she hesitated, but eventually unlocked it. She opened the door with the wand in hand, just in case, but there was nothing outside, only a peculiar thing in front of her.

Samantha's eyes began to fill with tears as she looked at the single purple rose in her doorstep.

Slowly, she kneeled and took the flower in hand, admiring it. She held it close to her, the sweet smell hitting her nostrils. She smiled as she touched it gently, knowing very well who it belong to. No one else knew about it, no one except one person. She looked up, trying to look for a pair of the familiar eyes, but there was nothing there, only the road and the bushes and trees in front of her house.

Unaware to her, a pair of canine eyes were watching her from the distance, well hidden against the wondering eyes. The eyes watched as she touched the rose, landing on the familiar ring in her right hand. They had to contain themselves from running towards her, because no matter how much she had been missed, her safety came first. There were multiple officials walking around the neighborhood to keep an eye on her, and he knew it.

Samantha stood up, holding the rose in her hand. With a last look around, she smiled, knowing that her love was somewhere out there. She was willing to wait for him as long as it took, because no matter what, her love will always be there, waiting for him underneath the same sky.

✿ ✿ ✿