[43] Beggar To Bigger

Start from the beginning

"Is this a trap to get us arrested?" Samara's mother shouted angrily. "Because of you, my son has cried days and nights. You don't deserve him. Is this way to earn our sympathy and then backstab us?"

"No," Ida started stepping back as Samara's mother had started to walk towards her. "I am not lying. Nathaniel truly has been not right mentally. His father was telling my father how Nathaniel has accomplished what he had been planning for long. That the time to own this village has come."

Violet scrunched her nose while Samara came in between her mother and Ida.

"Leave my home. I don't want to see your face," screamed her mother while Ida got out of the house, giving a last glance at Samara. "My son has woman lined up for him. You are nowhere near what he deserves!"

"Mother, calm down!" Samara said while pushing her mother inside the house.

"What do you mean, they will rule this town?" Samara asked hurriedly.

Ida gave her a blank look, tears falling through her bloodshot eyes.

"I don't know, Samara. But I know, it is related to Nathaniel and something very bad. Tell this to Rodwin or Samuel. They must be knowing something about it."

Violet's lips parted at seeing her turning around and rushing towards the horse, tied to Hampton's wooden gate.

Ida climbed on it professionally while wiping her tears. She gave them a last look before her horse galloped away towards the street.

"Wench."

Violet choked on her breathe while Samara glared at her mother.

"Mother, enough! She is someone's daughter too. She is helpless. I will have to tell Samuel about her. They could easily get back." Samara said, while thinking hard.

"Don't you dare," yelled her mother while going towards the kitchen. "I don't want her in my home. Samuel has been trying to forget her. Do not scratch the wounds that have started to heal. Or I will not forgive you!"

Samara exchanged a frustrated glance with Violet.

"Well, your mother's fever has totally gone." Violet whispered, while walking towards the main door.

"Where are you going? We need to continue the story-"

"No. I have taken the book," Violet whispered, glancing at the kitchen. "While you go and tell Rodwin about this. Samuel is not the option."

"About what Ida told us?" Samara looked at her.

Violet stared at her in disbelief. "Didn't you get what she was trying to say? If you tell the exact words Lord Commandant told Ida's father to Rodwin, he might get some idea by either complaining about it to Prince. The Prince already likes him and will secretly investigate about what is the deal. With her words, it seemed like Lord Commandant has been planning something right under the King's nose."

Samara's mouth opened in confusion. "But why would Ida reveal this, betraying her father?"

"She said that she doesn't like Nathaniel. She might be rich and high class but she proves to be kind for what she did, just now. If Rodwin takes advantage of these lines, Nathaniel could be caught as the beast, red-handed. And if Nathaniel is burned down to death, there will be no one to stop Ida from becoming Samuel's wife. The girl loves him."

Samara breathed while moving her eyes slowly as Violet turned around and opened the door, glancing back at her.

"Go to his house and tell him everything. And don't let him even smell your fear for we are definitely going to the forest tonight." Violet said, before turning around and leaving.