[41] The Tale Needs To End-I

Start from the beginning

Samara nodded, quietly. Her mind was so blown by last night's event, she couldn't think much about anything else.

"Did I tell you that Logan had saved me that night when the beast had caught me?" Violet asked while sitting on Samara's bed.

Samara nodded. "Yes. That he took you on horse and then, left you at your home. His friend Erasmus was also there."

Violet blinked while telling, "Erasmus had cleared one of my doubts. He said that the soldier won't shift on a mere remand. A torture is needed to exaggerate his emotions. The extreme emotion will arise the urge to shift. That is what happens when the inner beast feels trapped inside the body. He said that the Werewolf came to the residential area because he was following some scent that he must have found alluring."

Violet lowered her eyes. "I feel as if the attack on myself, that he wanted to after I threw that stone to save you. His attack is pending on me and which is why, he remembers my scent. Of all nights, why would he come to huts and find me specifically."

The extreme emotion can arise the urge to shift.

Samara's heart curled inside her chest. "If that is the thing, than the beast was hovering me when you saved me in the castle. And he did come to my backyard. Is my death pending too according to him?"

Violet's lips parted as a sudden plan clicked in her mind.

"What did you say?" She whispered while looking at the wall. "You are right, he came for you too. Then it means, he must have following the scents when he came to the residential area."

Samara's spine chilled at the glassy look in her eyes. "Violet, whatever you are thinking is dangerous?"

Violet glanced at her. "He has met us two times. He knows our smell. He will do it again if we loose ourselves vulnerable to bring him to us."

"You have gone mad," said Samara, afraid of even imagining what she was signing for.

Violet widened her eyes while smiling in enthusiasm. "I have gotten my silver knife made. You will hold the fire torch. We can protect ourselves and lure that beast to ourselves. There must be something to distract him. And then we can attack him by silver and fire. I am sure, he will come following our scent."

Samara shook her head, stunned. "I am not going to do anything like that."

"Haven't you said that day? That if you can't find him, you'll make him find you," argued Violet while standing up to walk towards her. "If this beast is caught, all of ours life will be at peace."

"But we shouldn't go alone," said Samara while twitching her lips. "We must need some expert in fight."

"I will tell Logan to accompany us."

Samara stared at her. "Don't you doubt him anymore?"

Violet smiled at her. "Don't you remember, he was there with me when we together had witnessed the beast running away towards the forest?"

Samara nodded in sudden realization. "You are right. But how will we attack the beast immediately? I have seen him. He is so scary that your body turns numb at the sight of him. I will end up dying. And I don't want to die before living an eternity as Rodwin's wife."

Violet chuckled while patting her shoulder. "Do not worry, we will be alerted. Just moments ago, I was saying that I couldn't get out of bed and now, I am making this plan. Maybe, I truly believe in my silver knife. Or it is frustration to kill that beast."

Samara twitched her lips while sitting on her bed. She felt scared for going to the forest. How would she even escape her brother and parents?

"You do not worry, Samara." Violet said while going towards the window. She looked for some loops or hooks. "See, the kitchen's window can help you in getting out of the house. Just jump on the roof and then on the stable's corner. No one would know."