[38] The Books Don't Lie-I

Start from the beginning

Samara stared at the words in thought, remembering how Burnsley Kingdom had a festival similar to their own on which they would pray to the Gods of Rain and Wind every year to be gentle on them and deliver no storm. Her father had told her about it in childhood when she had asked about their own festival of praying to the God of rain that had just gone six months ago.

Fascinated by the information, Samara didn't even realize that she had started to whisper-read.

"When he asked the King if him or his ancestors had ever tried to find the treasure. The King taught him many adventures of the great grandfather and uncles who tried to find the treasure but ended up getting killed. It resulted in them building a wall around their city. The Burnsleinian Wall.

"But after Athamas returned to the east, his account was famous all around. The kingdoms in the south were curious about Sherfield and Burnsley Kingdom. No King could enter Burnsley because of the strong army and the protection by the wall. No King could stay in the Sherfield a night because of the roaming souls and the wolves' cries. . ." gulped Samara while turning the next page.

"Lies."

Her gazed moved diagonally on the window and a scream she tried to eat while covering her heart in horror. The familiar smirk gave her Goosebumps along with hard pounding heartbeats. She had stopped breathing, she knew.

"You will be the death of me," she cried out in a whisper while putting the book away and getting off the bed only to get engulfed by him in a possessive hug.

Rodwin chuckled while picking her up in his arms, making her look at him worriedly. "No talking about deaths before a lifetime of kisses and fu. . .

Samara put her finger on his lips and chuckled, "Rodwin, my brother would know that you're here. Put me down."

Rodwin sighed heavily at her usual rejection and let her stand on the floor gently. "He is not the Werewolf who can sense my presence across doors."

"Why are you here?" She asked him when he walked around the bed. A gasp escaped her mouth at seeing him removing his shirt. "Why in the hell would you do that? Lord, that is so scandalous."

Rodwin grinned at her frown while laying on the bed, closing his eyes in comfort and putting the book away on the stool beside her bed.

"Don't put it near the candle," mumbled Samara while walking towards the stool and picking up the book.

"Why are you even reading that? That is all lies," he whispered when she walked around the bed, sat on her side where she was sitting before and put the book beside her right leg.

Samara stared at his grey eyes with some relief reaching her heart. His tanned cheeks seemed to brighten under the candle light. Those full of lips of his looked tempting before they sharpened into a smirk when he caught her observing him.

"Did anyone see you, Rodwin?"

Rodwin gave her a look of mischief. "I wish, someone did. The sooner the scandal, the sooner your parents will marry you to me."

Samara shook her head and smiled to herself. "You clearly want me dead."

"Why do you keep talking about deaths?" Rodwin murmured while scooting closer to her, pulling her more to him so she could pay more attention to him. "Talk something intimate."

Samara blushed while chuckling lightly. "You are so dirty in mind, Rodwin. Do you think about saying these things to me all day?"

Rodwin smiled at her. "All night."