84 | yellow lights

Start from the beginning

The waiter set down two menus and bowed down a little as he left them to chose. Samantha put the flowers by her side of the table and smiled to herself.

Sirius looked down at the menu and then at Samatha a couple of times. She was still looking around, and when her eyes met his, she smiled.

❝Do you like it?❞ Sirius asked hopeful. He had made the reservation two weeks in advance, so he had been planing this date for a while now.

Samantha nodded enthusiastically ❝It's beautiful❞

Sirius smiled happily ❝I-I'm glad you like it❞

    The two looked down at the menu and quickly chose something. Everything seem delicious, so they decided to order the two most popular and share it.

    The waiter came and let a bottle of wine in front of the table. He opened it and pour a little in their glasses, the two thanked him and then he proceeded to write down the orders.

    ❝Thank you❞ Samantha said once the waiter left, looking down a little bit. Sirius furrowed his eyebrows, confused.

    ❝For what?❞ he asked, taking a sip of the wine.

    ❝For inviting me❞ she answered softly, making him smile.

    ❝I wanted to do it way earlier, but...❞ he started, not finding the right words. He settle down the glass and looked at her ❝I guess I was just nervous❞

     Samantha raised her eyebrows, not believing ❝nervous? Of what?❞ she said, her accent becoming more thick.

    Sirius have her a half smile ❝I have liked you for a while, Sammy❞

    Samantha's eyes grew wide and she almost choked on her own saliva.

    Are you being serious right now? He likes me! Oh my godric! she thought.

    ❝Since when?❞ Samantha asked, and she hoped she didn't sound as desperate as she was.

    ❝I realized I felt something for you when you started hanging around that William bloke❞ he said with a hint annoyance in his voice.

Samantha looked at him incredulously ❝Why didn't you tell me anything? I—❞

She stopped once the waiter came back with their food. He settle it down in front of them and bowed down again, leaving.

❝I didn't said anything because I didn't think you would feel the same❞ he confessed, looking at the view.

Oh, how wrong you were, she thought.

❝I—❞ Samantha started, but didn't know what to say. Now or never she encouraged herself and gain the courage to take Sirius' hand. He immediately looked at their hand and then at her ❝I have liked you since we were in third year, Sirius❞

❝What?❞ Sirius asked with his eyebrows raised, not believing it either.

The two looked at each other and then began to laugh. Their laughter became so loud they had to put a hand in their mouths to stop it from being heard.

❝We could've...❞ Sirius started, but didn't finished the sentence. He didn't need to though, because Samantha was thinking the same thing.

They let out the last few chuckles and began eating, only this time, they were holding hands.

❝So if you liked me, that would explain why Remus always got angry at me each time I was around another girl❞ Sirius commented, taking a sip from the wine.

Samantha took a sip too and nodded ❝I didn't had to tell him, he figured it out on his own, James too❞

Sirius chucked, nodding as he remembered countless of times where his friends would ask him if he liked someone.

❝Well, we don't have to wait for each other anymore❞ Sirius said, making Samantha look up from her food. He was about to continue but a smile escaped his lips, seeing how she had a little bit of tomate sauce in the side of her mouth.

He took the napkin and cleaned it off, making Samantha blush once again.

❝Thanks❞ she said softly, making him nod.

They continued eating and at one point they decided to switch plates to try the other's food.

❝Next time, I chose the place❞ Samantha said after chewing her food, she was about to drink from her glass when she realized what she had said. Her eyes grew wide and looked at Sirius, who was smiling.

❝Are you inviting me on a date, Samantha Castle?❞ he teased, and she chucked a little.

❝Would you like to go on a date with me, Sirius Black?❞ she asked with her head tilted to the side.

❝Sure, you seem fun to be around, why not❞ Sirius replied, shrugging. She chuckled and continued eating, trying to ignore the butterflies going crazy in heart.

❝Ow!❞ Sirius let out, making Samantha looked at him ❝They're dancing, lets go❞

He extended his hand out to her and without giving it a second thought, she took it. Sirius guided her to the center of the gazebo, right in the middle of the dance floor.

❝May I have this dance?❞ Sirius asked, bowing down a little. Samantha giggled and nodded, taking his hands.

The two began to dance at the slow piano song, and she remembered the first time they danced. This time it wasn't rain, it was a proper dance with music and lights.

After a while, the rest of the couples began to left, but the two of them stayed, taking the opportunity of being alone.

They looked at each other's eyes, and began to feel something they didn't know what to describe. They kept dancing like they were the only two people in the world left. And there, under the yellow lights, was the happiness they never knew they needed.

✿ ✿ ✿