84 | yellow lights

Start from the beginning

❝Nah, it's better that way, let them think I'm a prat, I don't care❞ he shrugged. He stood up and took Samatha's wrist, making her stand up too ❝Now, let's go and make Sirius drool over you❞

    Samantha and Sirius agreed on seeing each other in downtown, where there was a new place. It was a restaurant in the open, and it had been booked every time someone went there. She had been there before, just to see the place, but during the day, not at night.

    Samantha watched fascinated all the lights around the trees, the paintings, the gazebo, the water fountain and the little ones hanging above her. They shined a beautiful light, illuminating everything around.

    There were couples and families around her, and as she looked around, she thought all the girls were pretty, and she smiled at seeing how happy they looked. Samantha held tightly her pursue and coat as she looked around for her date.

    Her eyes finally settled down in the distance, where the yellow lights illuminated the most. She held her breath as she saw him standing there in a suit, holding a bouquet of flowers. Her smile grew wide, seeing him look around looking for her.

    Samantha began to walk towards him in a steady pace, not wanting to seem rushed.

    Before reaching his side, Sirius finally looked up. His eyes went a little wide, and his mouth opened a few inches. He composed himself quickly and smiled, walking over to her too.

The two stopped in front of each other and locked eyes, smiling.

❝Hi❞ Samantha let out softly, not losing the sight of him.

    ❝You look beautiful❞ Sirius complimented, making Samantha blush.

She was wearing a sleeveless light purple dress, the cut was at the half of her thigh. The upper part was form of lace with little flowers, while the bottom was hanging delicately from her waist. She chose to wear short black heels, comfortable enough to have dinner.

    ❝So do you❞ Samantha tilted her head, making Sirius smile wider.

    ❝Making me feel pretty, I see❞ he joked. He then took a step forward and lean over to give Samatha a quick kiss. She was surprised but gladly returned it.

When they separated, Sirius gave her the bouquet of flowers, and she instantly smiled. The purple roses combine with her dress, making her feel excited. She took them and he extended his arm towards her to hold. The two of them walked side by side towards the main entrance, showing the same smile.

    ❝Surname❞ the waiter asked once they arrived. He was in front of a list of reserved tables, ready to mark them.

    ❝Black❞ Sirius said, puffing out his chest. Samantha rolled her eyes playfully and watched as the waiter mark them down. He looked up at the couple and signal them to follow him.

They arrived at the table for two and sat down. Samantha appreciated that he chose a corner table. Sometimes she felt anxious out of nowhere and being surrounded by people didn't help. But being in a corner where they could see the lake and view, it was perfect.