#53 Demonic

Demonic by -Skittish

This started brilliantly - you introduced the world immediately which was great.

When writing stuttering, a lot of people write repeating letters. But in real life this isn't really the case. It sounds better to have repeating words instead. For example.

"I'm s-so s-s-sorryy," stuttered Linda.

This is okay. But I would do it like this:

"I'm... I'm. I'm so sorry," stuttered Linda.

Having apostrophes of possession was a big problem. For example you had things like 'fathers' when you meant 'father's.' I commented on most of these for you but I would certainly go back and check the entire document.

Their=belonging to them
There=not here
They're=they are

Thoughts should be in italics.

I thought the plot was excellent - it was certainly a very original idea.

You had very small spelling errors (such as 'flys' instead of 'flies'.)

When writing dialogue and there's an action and not a dialogue tag, you need a full stop not a comma.

Commas before names.

In some places (especially description) you needed a comma to split a clause but you put a full stop in instead.

Overall, an intriguing story with great plot and good character development.

Remember that this is a critique, NOT a criticism. Please spread the word!

If you would like a critique, please read the guidelines, fill out the form, and complete the payment, all which can be found at the beginning of this book. See you there. :)