Awkward

Tracy's POV

" Betty?!" I looked at her weirdly. She just chuckled darkly. I felt awkward with that.

" When have you come?" I asked her taking out a water bottle from the freezer.

" Just awhile earlier." She said.

" But you just left 3 days back then why did you come back?" I asked her.

" It's seems you are not happy finding me here?" She asked.

" No, no. What are you saying?! There is nothing like that." I said.

" Then?" She asked me.

" Actually it's like you didn't inform me before coming." I said to her.

" You know giving surprise to your friends is kinda fun." She said smirkingly. I nodded weakly.

" So everything is fine there in Melbourne?" I asked her.

" Yeah, everything is good and arranged perfectly." She said with an awkward expression in her eyes. I couldn't get what it was.

" Nice then." I said.

" Yeah, perfect." She said.

" Had dinner?" I asked her.

" No. You did?" She asked me.

" Yeah. Went out with Liam and the others." I said to her drinking the water.

" So he proposed?" She asked me. I stopped and looked at her.

" How do you know that?" I asked her.

" Well, it's a news all around." She said and I nodded.

" Show me the ring." She said.

" Here." I said extending my hand.

" It's beautiful." She said.

" Yes, just like mom's one." I said.

" Your mom?" She asked me.

" Don't you remember?" I asked her weirdly. She literally remembers everything about me. What's wrong with her today?

" I might have forgotten. I am kinda clumsy head these days so don't count this. Ok?" She said and I nodded looking at her sharply.

" Alright. Let me order something for you. You must be hungry." I said to her.

" Hungry and thirsty. For blood." She said and I rolled my eyes. She chuckled.

" What are you? A vampire?" I asked her.

" I am just someone with some purpose." She said.

" Everyone has a purpose." I said to her.

" Alright. Order something lighter then. I wanna have a little since I had my lunch in late afternoon." She said to me.

" That's alright. I will make you something then. Let me get freshen up." I said to her.

" No, no need to do that. You can just order. I will manage. It's ok." She said.

" Ok, if you demand so then let it be." I said to her and she nodded.

" I will just get freshen up." I said and she nodded.

I went to the washroom and got freshen up changing into something comfortable. I came out and found Betty checking her phone and having spaghetti. I think the dinner arrived.

" Enjoying dinner?" I asked her.

" Yeah. Wanna have some?" She asked me.

" No, I am full." I said to him and turned on the TV. " How is everyone there? How are the kids?" I asked her about her nephews.

" They are doing great, I guess." She said.

" You guess?" I asked her.

" Yeah, I didn't meet them actually. Just had something to do and finish. Then came back. You tell me how was your day?! I bet it was fantastic as he proposed you. Isn't it?" She asked me.

" Yeah, it was a dream which came true. And I wanted you to be there but somehow you couldn't but it's ok that you are here now. I also wanted to thank you for encouraging me." I said to her and she just chuckled.

" Yeah, all I wanted was my plan comes true." She said. I narrowed my eyes at her not understanding her ways of talking today. It's so weird.

" Which plan?" I asked her.

" Plan of making you both patch up. It worked." She said and I nodded looking at the TV. Switching to the news channel.

" Yeah, it seems that it worked." I said. " You finish your dinner and go sleep. I might be late. I have works to do." I said to her.

" Yes, you might be late." She said weirdly. I nodded. I don't know why I was feeling there is something wrong with Betty. I was totally confused to get the thing is wrong with her. I just shook my head to push away the thought.

" Are you going to sleep now?" I asked her.

" In a while." She said and went to wash the plate.

I kept watching the news. She came back and sat with me. I looked at her weirdly when I found the knives in her hand.

" What's going on?" I asked her.

" Just was thinking. If I can do juggling with these." She said.

" Alright, I got it that you want to kill yourself but no need to hurt yourself go and have those sleeping pills. A painless death it will be." I said.

" If death is painless then no one will remember it you know?!! Kinda crazy. But death should be painful." She said and looked at the knife with a weird evil expression on her face.

" Go, sleep. You need sleep. You are blabbering stupid. I think you need a long soothing shower and then half day sleep." I said to her.

" Sleep can only come when you are mentally contented and stable." She said.

" Oh, you are not mentally stable?" I asked her.

" May be not." She said.

" I knew at you ran away from mental asylum. So it's not so weird for me to think about it." I said.

" You are right. Running away from that prison were not so easy. But I was successful. Cause I really am not mentally imbalanced." She said. Like she was describing her experience.

" Yeah, or may be they let you come out cause they couldn't take your bi*chy acts. This why kicked you out." I said to her.

" May be." She said touching the knives like she has found the most important things in her life. I shook my head. She will hurt herself like this.

" Careful, they can hurt you badly. Injuries might be very deep. Keep them there. Don't touch it." I said to her.

" How much do you think it can wound you?" She asked me.

" Very badly it can." I said. " Don't touch them carelessly."

" I don't know. I feel good. They are giving me a very nice feeling." She said.

" How can knives give you a good feeling?!" I asked her and looked at her weirdly.

" Not just knives. This gun also." She said and picked out her gun from under her shirt. I looked at her awkwardly.

" What do you think you are doing with the gun?" I asked her. It was very awkward. Really really very awkward.