It's Not

Tracy's POV

" Tresssssss." I heard the squeal and turned only to find Betty running towards me. She reached me and kept panting like a horse that ran a race just now.

" What's wrong with you, girl?" I asked her.

" What do you think?" She asked me.

" I think you are drunk." I said to her and she rolled her eyes.

" I don't drink." She said and she was right. She doesn't even touch alcohol.

" Yeah, I know that." I said to her.

" Where are we going first?" She asked me.

" We are going to have lunch first. I am starving." I told her and she chuckled.

" Ok, let's go and get something for you." She said.

" You are late. I was waiting for you from long." I said to her.

" I was stuck in traffic." She said and I rolled my eyes.

" I don't fall for the same accuse again and again." I said to her.

" Yeah, right. I slept in between. This why I am late." She said.

" One day in near future I will sew your eyelids on your forehead so that you can't close them. You sleep a lot." I said and rolled my eyes.

" Let's go get you something to eat before you eat my brain." She said and I chuckled.

" I won't eat your brain anyways cause it will be boring like you. I bet." I said and she rolled her eyes.

" Let's go. You are talking rubbish now." She said and I laughed at this.

" What do you think about having ice cream later on? Treat from me." I said to her.

" Sounds good." She said. I smiled.

" Great then." I said and the same time we entered the restaurant. We ordered our lunch. I was seriously starving. I could eat an elephant I guess if that could be managed.

" What do you think about going for a small trip next month?" She asked me.

" Sounds fun but I think I won't be able to make it." I said.

" Why so?" She asked me looking at me weirdly.

" Cause, I am going to Paris." I said to her.

" Really?" She asked me.

" Yeah." I said.

" But why?" She asked me.

" I got a job." I said.

" And you need a job? Well I need a drink now I guess." She said.

" Yeah I do " I said rolling my eyes at her sarcastic reaction about this.

" Yeah and I trusted you." She said rolling her eyes again.

" Why do you need to do it now?" She asked.

" I need to gain some experience before I start my own businesses." I said to her. " I told you before about this." I said and she nodded.

" Yeah, you did but I thought you were joking around." She said.

" I don't joke about serious issues." I said to her.

" Alright but when did you apply for the job?" She asked me.

" Actually I didn't apply." I said.

" Then?" She asked me.

" I met Daniel in the charity function that day." I said.

" Which Daniel?" She asked me.

" Daniel Benard. He left for Paris when we were in high school." I said to her.

" Oh, you still have contact with him?" She asked me.

" Yeah. Kind of. But I didn't know that he was coming in the party. We met after a long time." I said.

" Oh. What's with him?" She asked me.

" He offered me a job. He said that he will call me if the arrangements are done." I said to her.

" Hmm. Then he did all the arrangements?" She asked me.

" Yes. He called me last night." I said to her.

" Ok. Then what did he say?" She asked me.

" He said that his boss wants to meet me in person. An interview I guess." I said to her.

" Great. But you didn't tell me before." She said.

" I wasn't sure if I am going to get the job or not." I said to her. "And another issue was my family. I wasn't sure if they will allow me or not." I said to her.

" What has your brother said? I bet he is not a man who can get convinced that easily." She said to me and I smirked.

" And I told you that he has his biggest weakness which is his wife. He never can say no to Stella. I took a little help from her." I said to her.

" More like using her against him isn't it?" She asked me. I raised one of my eyebrows.

" How come you can say that? I just told her to help me. I didn't use her against him. And I am not going to do anything wrong there. You can accuse me of that if I was going to do anything wrong. You are saying like I am going there for dealing drugs or something like that." I said irritatingly.

" I didn't say that. Don't put it like this, Tracy. I just said it like that." She said to me.

" But I am sorry to say what you said only point to this thing." I said to her.

" Alright I am sorry. If you think like that." She said.

" Exactly that's what I wanted to hear. Don't talk without thinking anything. I told you thousands of times. Think before you say something." I said to her.

" Alright. I got it." She said to me and I nodded.

" Better." I said. And we had our lunch.

" What are we doing after this?" She asked me.

" I don't know. You choose." I said. I was pissed.

" Let's go to the bar and get drunk." She said and I rolled my eyes in her mocking tone. How can we get drunk when she is the one who doesn't drink?

" Funny. Hahaha." I said to her and she chuckled.

" I was joking. Alright let's go for shopping as you are going to Paris soon and then we won't be able to do it more often." She said to me and I nodded. " Then let's go to watch a movie." She said to me.

" Where is your boyfriend? Take him with you." I said to her.

" I broke up with that arsehole." She said.

" Why?" I asked her. " And when?" I asked again.

" Last week." She said.

" Why?" I asked her.

" Cause he was an ass." She said to me and I chuckled. " I will find out someone else who is better." She added.

" Game for you, huh?" I asked her shaking my head and chuckled at her expression.

" No it is not a game but it's fun." She said to me.