We Need To Talk

Liam's POV

" Well, I really liked 5 presentation." Mr. Rhyde said.

" Let's check if I got the same." Marc said.

" Camellia Vilefort, Tania Andreas, Daniel Emilio, Susan Madison and Tracy Campbell." Mr. Rhyde said.

" I agree with you, Mr. Rhyde. Great choice. They put a lot of effort on their work." Lin said.

" I can see that." Mr. Rhyde said. "What do you think Mr. Edwards?" Mr. Rhyde asked me.

" Whatever you guys think is ok with me." I said.

" Alright, we at least have to have 3 teams but we got only 5 people here." Mr. Rhyde said.

" Alright, count me in. I will be working in this project." Marc said to Mr. Rhyde.

I raised one of my eyebrows at his statement. But I will let it go for now. Cause, I don't want to discuss about anything personal in front of Mr. Rhyde. It won't be so nice thing as it's Marc's personal decision. I can't force him to do anything and can't stop him as well.

" Alright then let's make the groups." Lin said.

" Can I choose someone for my team?" Marc asked.

" Sure, Mr. Allistone. You can choose. You got it first." Mr. Rhyde said.

" You can choose Daniel. He is your friend. So, you guys will be comfortable with each other. Let's put Tracy and Susan in one team and then Camellia and Tania in the same group." Lin said. Marc shook his head.

" I take Susan. Rest are your choice." Marc said which made me and Lin smirk at him. He mouthed 'die' at us. I chuckled inwardly.

I heard many times from Lin that this girl 'Susan' has some effect on Marc. I see she was right. But Marc is a stupid for not accepting that. Coward!!!

" Alright, put Daniel and Tracy together. Actually you can put Daniel with anyone of these 3 but it's the best choice for Tracy to team up with Daniel cause they are friends and can make things better together. On the other hand Camellia and Tania are working from 3 years together. Understanding between them must be stronger than others." Lin said.

" I agree." Marc said.

" Then that's it. Tell them to be present in the meeting tomorrow. We have a lot to discuss with." Mr. Rhyde said.

" Sure then." Lin said.

" I will be going then. See you tomorrow." Mr. Rhyde said.

" If you are not busy as hell then have a coffee with me, Mr. Rhyde." Lin said.

" You can call me Dad now, Lin. We are done with the meeting." Mr. Rhyde rolled his eyes. I chuckled.

" I can call you my old man as well then. Right?" Lin said to her Dad.

" You weren't like this Lin. That stupid must have put these stupid sense of humor in you." Mr. Rhyde said.

" Hey!!! No accusing my husband. For your kind information, Dad, Mason is the best husband ever. At least he is better than you." She said and stood up. " Now, let's go, old man. I will make you a coffee. Then you can go." She said to Mr. Rhyde and hold his hand.

" Alright then see you tomorrow." He said and stood up too.

" Alright then." I said.

Lin walked out of the conference room with her dad more like she was dragging him out of here. I chuckled seeing this.

" Crazy girl." Marc said.

" I agree. After all your best friend." I said and Marc rolled his eyes.

" Yeah, right." He said.

" So, you will be working in this project?" I asked him. He nodded.

" Yeah, I will." He said.

" Why? What's wrong? Can't I work? I became bored sitting in the cabin doing nothing at all." He said.

" Go home then." I said to him. "You should pay them a visit now. After all these years. You should go and see them at least for once. Your grandpa isn't doing well these days." I said to him.

" Whatever. I am not going anywhere not seeing any of them anymore. They created enough damage in my life already." Marc said.

" You are not saying that, are you?" I asked him.

" Yes, I am saying that. Cause that is the truth only." He said.

" That is not. You can't hold Mr. Allistone in the fault for whatever happened years back." I said to him.

" I can and I am holding him in the fault. Everything happened for him. If only he didn't love his reputation more than his family then he would have a family with him now. He is the reason that Carrie is not with us today. He is the reason for everything that happened. He should understand that money can't buy everything. At least I don't need his money anymore. I don't give a damn on it if he is dying or not." Marc said.

" That's not you, Marc. You can't be so rude." I said to him.

" I can be. I will be the rudest person for him. He killed Carrie. He killed my sister. If he only didn't force her to marry that stupid then she wouldn't have committed suicide. I am never ever going to forgive him in this life." He said.

" He regrets. He needs a support now. He is alone. You should at least once go and see him. You can find that he is really regretting for everything he has done in the past." I said to him.

" Alright, Liam. I appreciate that you are thinking about me that much cause you are my friend. But he won't think about me at all. He might have another plan that's why he wants me to see him. I am not going to forget that he loves his money more than his own family. What use of having that much money when that can't buy the love of a family? There is no, right?" Marc said.

" He has no plans like that. If you forget I said  he is very sick. He might die soon. You shouldn't keep holding that grudges against him anymore." I said to him.

" Can we not discuss about this matter?" He asked me and I sighed.

" Alright. As you say. I have tried my best to put some senses in you." I said.

" I am going. I have a lot to do. See you later." He said and walked out of the conference room. I sighed.

I was walking out of the conference room as well but I took 3 steps back as I almost bumped into Tracy who was coming inside looking a bit tensed.

" What happened?" I asked her as she walked inside.

" We need to talk about something." She said and I nodded.