Starting

Tracy's POV

" Hey, Gal." I heard Daniel.

" Hey, Dani. I was waiting for you. Where were you?" I asked him.

" Had to leave the crazy girl at her office." He said. I chuckled.

" How is Kyle?" I asked him.

" Yeah, she is doing well." He said and I nodded.

" Let's go. Marc must be waiting for us." He said.

" Who is Marc?" I asked.

" My boss. Actually we were in the same college. He was one year senior." He said.

" Alright. I got it." I said to him."So, how is working with him now?" I asked him.

" Well, he is a nice guy. You will like him. He is very kind and generous." He said and I nodded.

" It's not about him. It's about me. Will he like me? I mean will I be able to impress him in the interview? And what if I don't get the job?" I asked him.

" Don't worry. You will get the job. I will take care of it." He said.

" Well, how?" I asked him.

" I will request him." He said.

" And he will listen to you?" I asked him.

" He never ever said no to me for anything. Kinda big brother for me since college." He said.

" Then alright. Let's go." I said and he nodded.

" So, Marc own this company?" I asked him.

" He is the chief here." He said nodding his head.

" I got it. But this building architecture seems too much familiar to me." I said and shrugged.

" May be you saw same kind of architecture before. Foro your kind information, it was Axton's project." He said and I nodded. This why it was too much familiar. May be I saw this kind of thing before in their other projects.

" Oh, this why. I got it." I said to him.

" Let's go and meet Marc. Let's see if he appoint me or not." I said to him.

" Yeah. Follow me. This way." He said and we entered into the lift and he pressed 17. " Nervous?" Dani asked me.

" No. Not nervous really. Just a bit awkward. I think I am still struggling with the weather. Last night I slept wearing a sweater. I know it's weird. I am just habitual of this." I said to him.

" Don't worry. You will come around. Just focus on your work." He said and I nodded.

" I am trying though." I said to him and the same time the door of the lift opened.

We got down and Dani lead me towards the room of his boss. I really hope I can make. I really do. Rest let's see what happens now. I am quite positive it though.

" Ready?" Dani asked.

" Yeah. Sure." I said. He smiled and knocked on the door. I read the name quickly.

Marc Allistone.
M.D.

" Come in." I heard a voice which was so bossy. Let's see if it's a positive vibe or negative one.

" Hey, Marc." Dani said and I entered in the room after him.

I found a guy staring at us through his glasses. He had bright blonde hair and piercing eyes which was not so close to find out the color. I took a deep breath.

" Hey, Dan." He said to him and looked at me.

" Good morning, Mr. Beckett." I said

" Good morning. Have a seat." He said smilingly.

" Marc this is Tracy. My close friend. About whom I have talked with you." Dani said.

" Hmm... I could say that even if you didn't tell me." He said.

" Tracy Campbell, Sir." I said to him.

" Call me Marc. No need to call me sir when we are not in public." He said. I nodded.

" Have you any vacancy for Tracy?" Dani asked.

" If we don't have then we will create it." He said and I looked at him sharply trying to figure out his attitude. If there were anything unacceptable. But I found none. Still I was confused why he was too kind to me. Then I remembered Dani said he is kind hearted person but why is he so kind to me? He doesn't even know me, right?

" So, Ms. Campbell." He turned to me.

" Yes, sir?" I said and he gave me a pointed look. " I mean Marc. Need a bit time to fix it." I said to him.

" Sure. Can we start?" He asked me.

" The interview?" I asked him.

" You can say that." He said and I chuckled.

" Sure." I said.

" So, how long it's been you have finished your degree?" He asked me.

" 2 months or so." I said.

" Alright. I just wanted to ask you why do you have to come here to start over your carrier? You could have start with your own family business. Right?" He asked me.

" Yes. Definitely I could. But the thing comes at first is I want to have some experience. I want to make my own identity by myself not with my Surname but with my first name. I want my own space. I want people know me by my name." I said.

" Well, it's not easy though and I am not discouraging you. You need time to do it. Besides people know you around already that's because you are one of the heiress of Campbell. It's difficult to make a new identity but I hope you will make it." He said.

" Yeah, thanks. I know people around know me because of my family this what I am going to change. Besides I have seen how girls are not that advanced in this field. But just wanted let people know that girls are not that bad in this." I said to him.

" Well, think twice before applying. A girl as an Civil engineer is quite difficult to handle things here because of the field works. You have to work hard. No offense there are a lot of girls who are working with us already. We are glad for that. Now, it depends on you if you are interested. Cause we have a 6 months contract. Apply only if you are ready to take any kind of risk with it." He said seriously.

" I am not weak. I told you before." I said to him.

" Very nice then. We will not be having any problems until you don't have any problems with this." He said.

" I don't. I am all ok with that." I said.

" Do you want to go for a trial for a week then start or you want to start from tomorrow?" He asked me.

" The sooner the better?" I asked him.

" Yes. It it." He said. " Alright then. Dan, talk to Mrs. Hansey about the contract." He said and I smiled.

" Thank you, Mr. Beckett. I mean Marc." I said and he nodded.

" See you on Monday." He said and we walked out of his office.

This was the starting of my journey. Let's see what is waiting for me.