Trying

Tracy's POV

" What happened, Tres?" Ferguson asked me as I was sitting alone on the balcony of my hotel suite looking outside thinking deeply about my life. I was thinking about what Betty told me earlier.

" Nothing happened." I said.

" Then why weren't you opening the door when I knocked on the door?" He asked me.

" I might have slept." I said to him." Do you want to say something?" I asked him.

" Stella called me earlier." He said.

" Yeah, then?" I asked him.

" She is saying that she can't contact with you. Your phone is switched off." He said.

" Oh, my phone died. It's battery went out. I put it on charge. I will call her in a while." I said to him.

" Yeah, surely do it." He said to me.

" Yeah. Of course." I said to him.

" Alright then. I will be going. Good night. Sleep tight. Have a nice dream." He said and walked out of my room. I locked the door again and jumped on my bed.

What Betty was saying utterly stupid. It's not all about her that I have left Liam. It was me myself as well. I didn't want to fight with the fear anymore. I decided to accept my defeat that time. I was scared that someone will kill him if he stays with me. I didn't want to lose him. I thought if he is alive then I will be able to see him at least. It doesn't matter even from far but if he stays with me and someone kills him then I won't be able to live as well. I will die with him. I thought my love and my feelings were right but our timing was wrong. We were in a wrong time where we can't be together. I was too scared about this. Things pushed me too much to be scared of things.

I might not be that stupid to think like this if someone says that to me. But it was Betty and she was my best friend. Hearing her today it seems like she was hiding something from me. She didn't even cleared what was bothering her and what forced her to do things and why now she saying the opposite. I really needed to catch up with her about it but she didn't want to discuss about things now so I just didn't force her to say anything. I know she will come round with her valid excuses.

I don't want to hold her as the guilty her. It was me myself. I wasn't strong enough to protect my heart. I couldn't stop falling every time I see him. I was in fault here. I needed to negotiate this but I was stupid for thinking that things will fall into the places by time. But I was damn wrong. Things only got messed up day by day and I got worsen. I couldn't think a good thing for myself. My decision was stupid. I shouldn't have done the things I have done. But what use of thinking now!!! Can I get him back?! It's not easy I think it's my time to let my ego back and beg him to come back to me. I don't know how to do this but I have to do this. I am totally messed.

But the most important thing is now is Betty right when she asked me to think about it over again?!! I don't know. Should I give a try or not!!! Betty was desperate to make me believe her words. I do believe her. She is a true friend for me. I don't find any reason to hate her that everyone else around me does. But I am not going to hate her anyways cause she doesn't deserve to be hated.

I am totally confused with myself now. What to do and what not to do. I need to calm myself down and then think about everything properly. I can't concentrate. Everything was completely messed around me. Here my heart is saying two different things at a time. One of them is saying me to take the opportunity and to be happy. Another is telling me not to be selfish and to stay away from Liam. I don't know what to do. I was frustrated. Suddenly my phone started to ring. I took my phone and saw it was Tasha. I sighed and picked up the call.

" Hello, Tres." I heard Tasha saying.

" Hello." I said.

" How are you, girl?" She asked me.

" I am fine. Just.." I was saying but I heard a squeal.

" Mamaaaaa, Aaron took my pencils." I heard Tiana.

" Kids!!!" Tasha said and sighed. "He will give them back. Don't squeal, baby." Tasha said.

" Twins are there?" I asked her.

" Yes, Ellie is here." She said. "So, how is everything going on? How is work?" She asked me and I sighed.

" I am totally confused, pissed and messed as well. I don't know how to explain." I said to her.

" Try it. I am all ears." She said and I took a deep breath.

" You know Betty came here." I said to her.

" Oh, to see you? That's nice." She said. Unlike others Tasha doesn't hate Betty this why I love her the most.

" Yeah, to see me and her birthday is next week. She wants to spend time with me and celebrate her birthday here with me." I told her.

" That's great. Enjoy time with your best friend." She said.

" Yeah, of course. But she told me something that is bothering me a lot." I said to her.

" And what is that?" She asked me.

" Well, she told me to think about my relationship with Liam over again. She said it's still not too late to revive the love back. She was very desperate to make me believe her." I said to her.

" I support her in this. She is right. You should. It's life. Life gives us chances to make things right. Now you get a chance to make things right. Why are you letting it go? You should get this opportunity to make things right between you two. You know he is waiting for you from long since. You should give him the chance to make it work between you two. Time to forget the past and be happy. You guys deserve a happy ending." She said.

" I don't know how. He let his ego go for me and I kept ignoring him. Now he is doing the same. I don't think it will be easy for me." I said.

" If you want to be happy you have to try. Keep trying girl." She said. I sighed.