Hunt

I was walking down the street, the sun was setting. The air started to turn cooler as the sky turned darker. I pulled my coat close as I kept walking. I finally got to the parking deck and made it to my car. I saw a note on the dashboard with a rose attached to it. I smiled to myself as I grabbed both and got into my car. I made sure the doors were locked before opening up the note. 'The game starts now, play along and get rewarded' the first part of the note said. 'Make 3 right turns and one left after you leave here to find your next clue' the rest of the note read. I started my car and took off from the parking deck. I did exactly what the note said and made my way to another parking lot. I got out of the car and went inside to the pizza place. Of course, he already had everything figured out. I was given my next clue which was in a pizza box. The pizza was in the shape of a heart and the note was on top of the box. I made my way back to my car putting the box down as I took the note off. 'Pizza is a piece of my heart but you are a bigger piece, next stop is within a few blocks. Tick tock the flowers are dead' the note read. This one was a little more tricky to get but I finally figured it out. I made my way down to the flower shop, picking up my favorite roses. I smiled as I took them back to my car smelling them. I took the note from the roses and started to read it. "box of chocolates for my love? Come home for your next surprise' the note said. I finally made my way to our house, pulling up in the parking lot. I grabbed the flowers and the pizza before making my way inside. I placed the key in the door and turned it allowing myself inside. I placed my bag as well as the flowers down on the couch. I slipped my shoes off before making my way into the kitchen with the pizza. I couldn't seem to find him though so I was confused.

"Babe?" I asked as I walked through the house.

I made my way upstairs and found him asleep on the bed. I smiled to myself as I leaned against the door frame, just watching him. I walked towards the bed leaning down kissing his lips softly. He started to wake up, keeping the kiss between us. He placed his hand on my neck as he started to sit up. I smiled as I leaned my forehead against his. I placed my hand against his chest as I looked into his eyes.

"Didn't mean to fall asleep" he said.

"Its ok babe, the pizza is downstairs," I said.

"What pizza?" he asked.

"Don't do that to me" I pushed him as I saw the smirk on his face.

"Let's go eat" he smiled as he got up off the bed, grabbing my hand.

I smiled as I followed him down the stairs. He dimmed the lights as we walked into the kitchen. He lit a candle as I sat down at the kitchen table. I opened the pizza box taking a slice out placing it on his plate. He poured the wine before sitting down next to me. I took a slice out for me as well before grabbing his hand. We bowed our heads and prayed before eating. We started to talk about our days, no matter how bad my day was he could erase it. I smiled as I took a bite of my pizza, looking at him.

"What?" he chuckled.

"Nothing" I looked at him.

"Its something" he took a bite from his slice.

"How did I get so lucky" I looked down as I started to blush.

"You didn't, it was destiny" he tilted my chin up.

"Why did you do this tonight?" I questioned.

"Because you deserve to know how special you are to me" he leaned over kissing me softly.

"I love you" I whispered pulling away from his lips.

"I love you" he placed his hand against my cheek.

"Now I have something for you" I smirked as I got up from the table.

"Where do you want me?" he looked up at me.