Best Friend's Sister

Justin's POV

Having a crush is hard, especially if they're your best friends sister. It's literally unavoidable every time you head over to their house. Bri was my best friend. I've known her for as long as time could tell. Her older sister, Kelsea just so happened to be my crush. I actually met Kelsea when I ran into her and her sister at the mall.

I had accidentally spilled my drink on her because she literally came out of nowhere around the corner. I had ruined her shirt and I had offered to buy her a new one, which she kindly accepted. From that day forward, I know I was going be in for one hell of a journey.

I received a text from Bri that her parents were inviting me over for a little get together the family was hosting. It was more like a block party and I didn't live in their area, but everyone knew that I was the life of the party–so of course I was going to go.

Crap!

I didn't even have anything decent to wear. How the hell was I supposed to impress Kelsea if I was wearing basic clothes? I texted back Bri and I told her that I might be running a little late to the party because of traffic. It was semi-true. The traffic here in Los Angeles was atrocious. A quick twenty minute drive to Pasadena could turn into an hour, if you're lucky, or more.

I grabbed my car keys and looked for the nearest mall to me. None of them were reasonably close so I opted to go for one that I was very familiar with, which was the Los Angeles Mall.

After spending nearly an hour at the mall, I finally found something that looked decent. It wasn't too flashy so hopefully, it would get Kelsea's attention, and not anyone else's. I quickly paid for it and ran back to my car to get back home. Once I reached my place of residence, I stripped out of everything I was wearing and ran myself a shower.

I had to be at least a little rancid from the back and forth running I was doing. And not that, but I was nervous as hell. Kelsea has high expectations for her men, so I'm hoping they aren't too high.

The water wasn't too my liking but, it was either this or go to the party smelling like I just took a shower in garbage.

Once I was sure that there wasn't an ounce of stench on me, I dried myself off and changed into the clothes I bought. I styled my hair like how I normally did, and made sure I iced myself out. I felt like a million bucks, so I had to look and act like I was. I sprayed some cologne on myself and grabbed my phone and made my way out the door. Jesus, I was going to be extremely late.

The party was already live and in full swing. I found a place to park my car and headed over to Bri's parents place. I didn't even have to ring the doorbell because Bri had already swung open the door.

"Jesus Christ Justin," she said. "You should've told me that you were going to be this late!"

I looked at the time on my phone and she was right, it was extremely late. "Well hello to you too." I replied, while walking into the house. Everyone was outside except for Kelsea, Bri and a few of their friends.

I took a seat on one of the empty couches and made myself comfortable.

"Nice of you to finally show up Bieber," one of their friends said.

"Thanks."

"I don't think it was a compliment." Kelsea spoke up. "You're late, like really late. Like you shouldn't have even showed up to the party late."

"You couldn't resist not seeing this cute ass face," I joked. "I mean, look at me." I winked over at her. She didn't seem to be liking how I was acting. Normally, she liked it when I picked on her and teased her. Something wasn't right.

I pulled my phone out and texted Bri that I need a life line here. I wanted some alone time with Kelsea and see what was bothering her, and telling everyone to go away wouldn't be the proper thing to do. I'm sure all the girls would gang up on me.

Bri read my message rather quickly. She came back into the room and convinced the girls to help her bring some food and drinks outside for the party. As if she was in on the plan too, Kelsea stayed put, still watching the tv. Maybe the stars were on my side tonight.

I let some time past between us so some of the tension that was in the air would go to rest. I finally took the opportunity to question Kelsea what was going on.

"You wouldn't even understand," she scoffed, completely blowing me off.

"Kels, you know I am one of the most understanding people you know. Just tell me what's up," I convinced her. It seemed like it was going to take a lot of coaxing for her to open up. "I won't tell anyone what you say to me. Anything that happens between us tonight, stays between us. Your sister and friends will never know."

Kelsea bit at her nails, weighing her options. I noticed she always did that when she was either nervous and deep in thought. "Fine. I'll tell you but if you interrupt me or even think of making fun of me, we're going to have a problem."

"Alright Kels, just lay it on me already before I fall asleep," I yawned. I was actually starting to get tired because I had a long day, but I was willing to sacrifice my sleep for whatever she had to say to me.

"Okay Justin, this isn't very easy for me to talk about so please, just bear with me." She began. "Ever since I met you at the mall, for some reason you made me feel a happiness and longing I haven't felt in forever. You buying me some new shirts even though I asked for one, was the nicest thing anyone has done for me in awhile. I hate to admit it. but I've grown feelings for you. I may or may not have a crush on you and it's embarrassing as hell for me to admit it to you because, I mean you're Justin freakin' Bieber. I'm sure you hear the same crap every day from random girls."

Kelsea finally finished talking and I took this as my opportunity to speak. "Kelsea, you're right. I do hear the same crap every day from girls, but the only difference between you and them, is that you're not random. I won't lie to you but, I've had a crush on you too. I just never knew how to go about admitting it to you. But hearing you say all of that really put things into perspective for me."

"What are you trying to say Justin?" Kelsea questioned.

"I'm saying that I'm willing to make this work if you are." I said.

"Really? You're really being serious? Like this isn't a joke, right?" She continued. "Justin, I swear if you're lying to me I'm going to kick your ass."

"Kelsea, will you be my girlfriend?" It sounded as if I was asking Kelsea to marry me, but who knew? Maybe in the near future, I would be asking her to marry me.

"I'll see." She replied.

It wasn't the exact answer that I was looking for but, it would have to do