Best Friends

Requested by ManjuBhatia6

"What?" You say smiling, he was staring at you for a while now and you were beginning to feel a bit insecure.
He looks at you as he shakes his head smiling. "Nothing.." he simply says before returning his attention back to his plate of food.
You look at him confused letting out a chuckle before taking a bite of your pasta.
******
An hour has passed as the two of you ate your dinner and talked. You and Justin walked out of the restaurant heading towards his car.
You found it bizarre how different this night felt. Throughout all the days you guys spent with eachother, this one stood out the most and you couldn't pin your finger to the reason why it did.
Just as you were about to reach for the car door handle, Justin slips his arm past you and opens the door catching you by surprise. You quickly look at him confused, he doesn't say anything but smiles.
Weird... you thought to yourself.
As you got into the car, you looked at him one last time before getting lost in your thoughts.
Throughout the whole night, you noticed Justin has been acting differently, there were times you caught him staring at you, or times where he would always brush his hand on your hand whenever the two of you walked side by side. You've always had feelings for Justin but he has never showed you how he felt until now. You weren't sure if you were becoming obsessed or paranoid but you swore you were noticing some signs.
*******
AT YOUR APARTMENT
You and Justin still haven't said a word since the 'opening door' thing occurred. You unlock your apartment door as the both of you walk in.
"Are you okay?" You say as you slipped your boots off.
"Hm?" He says as you watch him take off his jacket before throwing it on your couch.
Justin and you have been best friends for so long, that you treat each others homes as if they were your own. Sometimes you would even sleep the night or more at each others places, that's how comfortable you two were with eachother.
"I said are you okay?" You say repeating yourself as you placed your coat in the closet.
"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" He says confused.
You walk towards him as you simply shake your head. "Nothing..." you say hesitantly but you couldn't keep it inside. "Well actually to be completely honest, you've been acting differently these past few weeks..." you say. Justin looks at you surprised.
"Different? How?" He says still confused.
Was he actually trying to play the clueless game? you thought to yourself.
You cross your arms. "Seriously Justin? You don't think I notice? The constant stares? Our hands brushing whenever you walk beside me?! The constant compliments? The drive homes? Us hanging out every single day?! " you spat you until you were almost out of breath.
Justin looks at your hurt but he quickly looks away before you could notice, but it was too late for that you already did. "Ouch. Sounds like you don't enjoy my company" he says jokingly.
You roll your eyes as you were beginning to become irritated. "Justin, can you be serious for one second? Of course I love your company, more than anyone else'sz I'm just saying the things you've been doing is as if you liked-" you suddenly stopped as your realized you were saying too much.
"As if I liked you?" He says slowly, causing your cheeks to blush.
"No that's not what I meant." You say quickly, you were completely embarrassed.
Justin takes a few steps closer to you as he places his hands in his pockets before chuckling. "I'm pretty sure you said what I thought you said. You think I like you just because of how I've been acting lately?"
Now that he was saying it out loud, it did make you sound a tad crazy, but you decided to defend yourself and try to make yourself appear less idiotic. "Yes? Have you not watched a single romance movie in your life?"
Justin chuckles, after a few seconds of silence he looks at you. "So if I did like you...what's the big deal?" He says confused.
Your heart immediately stops, you didn't want him to know about how you felt and that's how it was going to be. "N-nothing" you says nervously.
"Tell me the truth." He says looking into your eyes, he knew you were hiding something from him. That's the one thing you hated about Justin, he could read you easily.
After a couple of seconds, you gave in. "Fine! I don't want to sit here and wait for you to get my hopes up and lead me on just to find out that you don't feel the same!" You yell almost in tears. You didn't know why you were crying but there were so many emotions rushing through your head. "That's why this is such a big deal to me.." you say quietly as you quickly wipe sways your tears. You felt like a complete idiot.
"You like me?" He says shocked as he takes another step closer to you. If he took 2 more steps your bodies would be almost touching.
He repeats it once more, you look at him. "Of course I like you! You're not...hard to fall in love with." You say quietly before looking down.
"Khushi..." he says before gently grabbing your hand. You look at your hands, before pulling them away. "Look before you reject me I just really hope this doesn't affect what we already have..." you say truthfully as you were getting ready to leave.
"Khushi!" He yells, grabbing your arm causing you to spin around. "Just listen to me for a second..." he whispers, and your heart suddenly began to beat fast once you realized how close you guys were.
"You're one of my best friends and I do not want to risk losing the friendship we already have,I'm sorry but I-i don't like you like that..." he says and you felt as if someone took a knife and stabbed it right through your heart.
"Oh...okay yeah" you say pretending to be okay when in reality tears were streaming down your face. You were just about to turn away when...
"I'm in love with you..." he says, causing you to stop.
"W-what?" You say turning around, Justin walks towards you as he places his hands on your waist.
"I love you Khushi" he says smiling before placing one of his hands on your cheek.
"You do?" You say still shocked.
He nods his head chuckling. "I do, been in love with you for a while now..."
Suddenly you playfully hit his chest. "Ow!" He says wincing, as he looks at you confused.
"Why the hell did it take you so long to tell me?!" You says angrily.
"I was afraid! I didn't want to take the risk of losing y-"
You didn't let him finish as you pull the collar of his shirt and kiss him. You smile as he kisses you back placing his hands on your lower back. You pull away after a couple of seconds, you look at him. "Still afraid?"
Justin shakes his head quickly causing you to giggle. "Fuck that, im risking this." He says before pulling you in for one more kiss. You both pull away.
"I love you" he says causing you to smile wide.
"I love you too, I promise this will work out..." you say before taking him to your bedroom.