What happened? Part 2

"Well, then just stay out of my life." You say before turning around to walk out his door.
You heard him call your name but you didn't care, you were tired of running back to him like everything was okay, you were done with him and his attitude. You couldn't do it anymore.
******
Few weeks later....
Justin has been calling and texting you non-stop but you never answered, you were thinking of changing your number but you didn't want to exaggerate the problem. He went to your house a couple of times but he never made it past security, plus you would never go out until he left.
You also heard that after a couple days later, Sofia and Justin broke up. You wanted to march down to his house and rub it in his face that you were right and that you told him so but you didn't want to be mean.
You look in the mirror as you were finishing the last minute touches to your makeup. You were getting ready for Kylie's birthday party.
*******
At the party....
"Kylie, where are we going?" You say annoyed trying to catch up as Kylie dragged you right behind her. She didn't answer, as she lead you to her balcony. "W-what is going o-" you say before coming to face with....Justin.
You felt your throat dry up, you felt you anger and sadness rise up to your chest. You didn't say anything as you chose to walk away. Kylie and Justin yell your name but you kept walking. Kylie finally catches up and tries to stop you from leaving.
"Kylie you know I don't want to talk to him..." You say as you try to escape from your best friends grip. When did Kylie get so strong? You thought to yourself. "Can you please let go?" You plead, hoping she would let go but she didn't.
"No" she says as she looks at Justin then at you. She sighs before continuing, "Y/N you know I love you but this has to stop, and you know that?" You turn to see Justin staring down at his shoes and you knew that he wasn't going to leave until you spoke to him.
You silently groan before glaring at Kylie. "I swear I'm going to kill you later...." You whisper causing her to laugh. "I'll save you some cake!" She says smiling before running away. You roll your eyes smiling, suddenly your expression changes once you realized Justin was still here.
"Y/N..." Justin says as he walks up to you slowly.
"Look, you said some things and I said some things...lets just leave it at that." You say a bit harshly but you didn't care he had it coming.
"I'm sorry, but you were just pissing me off and it came off like that but I didn't mean it in that way..." He says, you finally look at him and the expression on his face was hurt and guilt.
"Justin that's not what I'm upset about..." You say, as your felt your tears peak at the corners of you eyes. He looks at you confused as he waits for you to continue. "It's the fact that I don't know even know who you are anymore." You say as you felt your tears hit your cheeks. Just looking at him made you miss him, you wanted to walk right up to him and hug him but you knew that wouldn't change anything.
"What are you talking about?" He asks confused.
"You haven't been yourself lately and you know as hell that I'm right. What happened to the guy that I met years ago...what happened to my best friend?" You say desperately, you couldn't fight your emotions anymore.
Justin looks at you hurt and says, "I'm still here, I've never changed."
You look at him not convinced. "Are you sure about that? Well, I'm here trying to help you, give you advice but you're pushing me away just like the rest. Your beliebers they love you so much that it pushes them to be overprotective but that's only because the love you...they really do." You say whispering the last part.
"I know they do and I love them just as much but there are limits in a relationship that not all of us can agree on..." He says, and he did have a point.
"Justin, I'm not saying everything's your fault....you have a point and I'm always going to be on your side but cancelling meet an greets, no hugs, no pictures now no social media...what more can you take from them?" You say and you felt like what you were arguing was useless.
"It's not forever...I just need some space. Is that not allowed?!" He yells causing you to go silent.
After a few seconds, you look up at him. "Did you even love her? Sofia?" You ask, curious on what he was going to say.
He looks away hesitant, "Y-yeah...I guess." He says but it didn't sound convincing.
"Can I tell you my opinion?" You ask as he looks at you and slowly nods. "You don't love her. You just couldn't stand the fact of being alone. Justin these girls aren't going to make you happy, they're aren't going to erase the heartbreak or the bad times...and you know that." You say, he looked away, clearly avoiding eye contact.
"Then what the hell am I suppose to do? Sit there like a puppy and wait for the right girl, and next thing you know we break up...look I don't want to go through the that again." He yells as he whispers the last sentence. As you observed him more you could tell his eyes were glossy...he was hurt.
"I know you don't...but Jay this isn't you." You say truthfully, remembering all the years you've been with him.
"Well it is now, and if they can't accept that then it's their loss!" He says angrily as he places his hands on the railing of the balcony, looking towards the ocean view.
You walk up to him, as you touch his arm. "Look at me.." You whisper but he doesn't because he was tearing and you knew he hated people see him cry. "I know you're hurting, but you need to understand that things get better. I don't know when but they will. Just like your beliebers I've always been here, through your proudest moments to your worst but through all that I still see the Justin that I've fallen in love with..." You say truthfully.
"Wait...You're inlove with me?" Justin says turning towards you, shocked. You mentally slap yourself as you realized that you've said too much.
"Uh uhm-" you say choked up from embarrassment as you tried to find the words to say.
"You're in love with me..." Justin says smiling wide as he slowly puts his arms around your waist. He raises one hand towards your cheek, before leaning in.
"Justin...stop" you say quickly before pulling away from his embrace.
"What's wrong?" He asks confused, as he looks at you.
"If you're just going to use me until the next girl, just stop." You whisper, trying not your best to keep your tears in. Justin looks at you shocked, as he walks up to you gently grabbing me your hands.
"I'm not going to use you Y/N, I could never hurt you. You're one of the people that I would never ever think of hurting." He says and you could tell he was telling the truth.
"Look you're right...about everything. I haven't been myself ever since Selena and I split but lately I realized it wasn't heartbreak that changed my attitude but anger. I was so bitter that I used that against everyone, my beliebers and...you. I felt overwhelmed by the pressure, by the media not realizing that I was pushing those who believed in me and who really do love and care for me...and I'm sorry." He says sniffling, he wasn't crying but you could tell he was sincere. "No girl has cared for me as much as you do, never once did you leave my side or turn your back on me when the rest of the world was, I should have known that it was you all along..." He says as he places his arms on your waist again, as his thumb caresses your lower back.
You look at him before cracking a smile. "Damn it I should have betted on this..."
"Fuck you!" Justin says jokingly as he laughs. Right there, you saw the real Justin, when he laughed it's as if you went back in time. He was back.
"Just kidding!" You say laughing aswell before looking at him seriously. "I love you...but promise me just to be yourself and to slowly let your beliebers back in...I know it's not going to be easy but it would really make them happy." You say, you knew how much the beliebers cared for Justin and you could relate to them because you saw yourself in them.
"Promise." He nods before continuing. "I do owe them...for everything they've done for me. Damn...I feel like a shitty role model." He says causing you to laugh. "At the moment...you kind of are."
"Ouch" Justin says pretending to be hurt, this is what you missed and you hope it stays like that. Justin looks at you before grabbing your cheek, as he leans in.
Kylie opens the balcony door holding a plate of cake before smiling. "Looks like she got her cake already." She says as she chuckles before closing the door.
He hasn't changed, he's just acting differently give him some time and he'll come back. I know we all miss him but let's give him the one thing he's been wanting.