Rollercoaster

"What happened to us?" You ask, running your fingers through your hair. "One minute we're happy but next thing you know we're fighting!" You say frustrated, you didn't mean to raise your voice at him but it was the truth and you wanted to change that. Justin looks at you as he remains silent. You look at him and sigh. "I don't want that...I don't want that for us."
Justin bites his lower lip trying his best to contain his emotions but you were able to see right through him. "So what now? We're over?" He asks all of a sudden, taking you by surprise.
"I didn't say that." You say looking at him.
Justin shakes his head before lookinfg directly at you. "Y/N I know you're not happy...and don't you fucking dare try to deny it." He says sternly, causing a lump in your throat as he continues to speak.
"It hurts me to say this but if neither one of us happy, and I for one can't even make you happy anymore...then honestly what's the point of saving this relationship?" He says quietly, before looking down. You knew it was coming to this, you knew if this conversation kept going something would happen that you would regret at the end. You tried your best to speak but no words were coming out.
After a few moments of silence, you shake your head chuckling a it. "You're joking right?"
Justin looks at you, as you tried to search for some signs but nothing...just complete emptiness and numbness from him. "I wish I was." He says, and you felt your insides tighten. Every word he said was just making the situation worse and you didn't like it.
You try your best to hold back your tears. You run your fingers through your hair once again which was your common habit whenever you felt stressed or anxious. You couldn't comprehend what was going on but you knew at the end one of us it going to end up hurt. "No," you blurt out. Justin looks at you confused. "What?" He asks, this time his full attention on you.
You look at him hurt. "What's the point of saving this relationship?! Justin for crying out loud I want to save this relationship because I love you, I actually want this to work-"
"So do I, and you know that." Justin says cutting you off. You couldn't tell what he was feeling because he didn't display any sign or emotion.
You chuckle shaking your head. "Do I? Because just 2 minutes ago you told me that this wasn't worth saving...so how can I be with someone who isn't willing to fight for me nor put effort into this relationship?" You say as a few tears fall from your eyes. You physically felt the pain that was rising from your chest. You felt hopeless and stupid arguing over something that you know at the end one of you is going to regret.
"Y/N, I just want you happy. You're the one who said that we constantly fight and I don't want that for you..." he says calmly, which caused you to roll your eyes. You hated the fact that he was trying to play the good guy when in reality he's just doing more damage.
"Yes I did say we constantly fight but what couple doesn't? I wanted to talk....that's all I wanted." You say mumbling the last part but you knew he heard you because his face fell.
"Y/N..." he begins to say but you shake your head.
"No you're absolutely right, I mean,
all we do is fight. So what's the point?" You say before walking away.
"Y/N!" Justin yells multiple times, but you ignored him as you already reached the bedroom door.
Justin's POV:
I screwed up big time.
At this point I don't really what to do. I told her the truth...she didn't like it. What was I suppose to do? Lie? She needs to understand that we need a break, our relationship is unhealthy and I don't want her to go through that.
I love her and I hate seeing her hurt and if it's me who's causing that, then I might aswell leave.
*****
It's been 2 hours since you and Justin had last spoken. The house was quiet and you weren't sure what he was doing. You walk out of the bathroom to see a suitcase on you and Justin's bed.
What's going on? You thought to yourself. You turn to your left to see Justin gathering his clothes. He looks up as you two make eye contact for a couple of seconds before he quickly looks away.
You suddenly felt sick. You were hurt at the fact that he was serious about leaving. Usually whenever you and Justin argue, you guys always made up at the end. I guess this time it's different, you thought to yourself.
You watch as he packs his clothes one by one. You didn't understand why he was the one leaving...this was his house?
You wanted to stop him. You wanted to hug him and tell him everything's alright but your feet were glued to the floor. You suddenly felt tears appear through the corner of your eyes.
A few moments later, he was finished packing. You couldn't find the word to say, you were choked up. Justin looks at you one last time before heading out the bedroom door with his suitcase. You held your chest as you began to cry. You didn't know why you were feeling this way when he's the one that hurt you in the first place.
You stood there for a few seconds debating whether or not to chase after him.
I love him...you say to to yourself, repeating it a few times in your head to realize your mistake. You quickly have the strength to run after him, just as Justin was about to open the front door you yell out his name.
He turns around shocked. You look at him hesitant before slowly walking towards him. "Please don't leave..." you say hearing your voice break. Justin looks at you hurt aswell. "Y/N I don't want to hurt you anymore." He says quietly.
"Then stay...we can work this out."
You say looking into his eyes. "Justin I love you and if you loved me you wouldn't this relationship go to waste...would you?" You say quietly as your faces were now inches apart. Justin slowly grabs your face as he wipes your tears slowly away. "I'm sorry for being a coward and giving up so easily, you just deserve so much better." He says looking into your eyes.
"We may have ups and downs but it's been one hell of a ride and I'm happy it's you I'm always with..." you say causing Justin to smile. "I love you..." Justin says before placing his lips onto yours