Reflection

This edit is not mine! I just thought it was cool. I don't remember who made it but credit goes to them! Anyway, carry on.

People feared many things like spiders and heights, and sometimes even clowns (poor Sam) and flying (poor Dean) but you had never met anyone else with your fear. You had spectrophobia, also known as the fear of looking at your reflection in the mirror. It was strange, but it was your phobia. Of course, Sam and Dean don't know about it because you thought it was stupid, and Cas didn't know, but you knew that he had suspected something was up. He could sense those types of things. You were just hoping to keep it a secret for as long as you could.

Your alarm on your phone blared and you groaned, rolling over to shut it off. It was 9:00 a.m. and you weren't planning on doing anything, you just didn't want to sleep in until 4:00 in the afternoon. You swung your legs over the side of the bed and hopped up, making your way over to your wardrobe. You grabbed a pair of black Nike shorts that had a blue strip on each side, and a gray Under Armour v-neck. You just wanted to relax in a comfortable outfit, and leggings made your skin itch afterward.

You walked over to the bathroom, but as soon as you flipped the light switch you closed your eyes since the first thing you would see in the bathroom would be your reflection in the mirror. You had memorized everything in that bathroom, all you needed to do was feel around for your toothbrush and the toothpaste. You eventually found it, but instead of keeping your eyes closed, you turned around and put toothpaste on your toothbrush, proceeding to brush your teeth as you stayed away from the mirror. Once you were satisfied, you closed your eyes and turned around to rinse your mouth and your toothbrush.

As soon as you placed your toothbrush in the cup, someone tapped on your shoulder causing you to jump and open your eyes. The first thing you saw was your reflection in the mirror as well as Cas' reflection behind you. You screamed bloody murder and bolted from the bathroom. You sprinted to your bedroom and flung yourself on your bed. You sat in the middle of your bed with your knees on your chest and your arms wrapped around your legs as you rocked back and forth, occasionally letting out a small whimper.

Cas burst through the door followed by Sam and Dean and rushed over to you. He wrapped his arms around you and rocked with you, trying his best to comfort you. As soon as you stopped rocking and your breathing was normal, Cas slowly pulled away and look at you with worry in his eyes. He had his hands placed on your shoulder as you slowly lifted your head.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his heartbeat quickening when you shook your head. What could be wrong with you?

You silently asked him to speak with you in private and he got the message, politely asking Sam and Dean to leave. As soon as they were gone, Cas stood up and walked over to the door to make sure they weren't listening in, before closing it. He walked back over to you and hugged you, rubbing your back comfortingly. You took a deep, shaky breath and thanked him.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly, not wanted to push his limits but also wanting to help as much as he could. For not being your boyfriend, he was very protective of you and he cared about you deeply.

"I..." You trailed off, scared to tell him the truth. "It's stupid." You said quietly, causing him to shake his head.

"If it affected you this much, it can't be that stupid." He said, causing you to smile, temporarily forgetting about what happened. "There's the smile I love to see." He smiled too, provoking you to look down. You needed to focus on the task at hand, and his smile was the most beautiful, but distracting thing.

"Please don't laugh." You said and his smile turned into concern and a hurt look on his face.

"I would never laugh at you about something like this." He paused. "It's alright. You can tell me."

"Okay." You exhaled with a slight whistle and nodded to yourself. You could do this. Cas would never make fun of you. You inhaled deeply and closed your eyes, thinking of something peaceful. You opened your eyes and smiled softly. "I have spectrophobia." You said calmly and Cas furrowed his eyebrows. You laughed softly at his cluelessness and continued. "It means I have a fear of looking at my reflection in a mirror."

Cas' confusion turned into relief and a smile appeared on his face.

It was your turn to furrow your eyebrows. "What?" You asked, clearly confused as to why he was smiling.

"I thought it was something much, much worse." He explained and you looked down, embarrassed about your phobia. "Hey," He said softly, lifting your head with his index finger. "It's okay. I'm sorry I frightened you causing you to see your reflection in the mirror. Don't be embarrassed. It was my fault." He said and you shook your head.

"No, I had my eyes closed and I should've heard your footsteps." You said and he sighed.

"I don't want to argue about whose fault it was so..."

"You giggled. "Sorry, I'm stubborn."

He smiled and leaned in, pressing his lips to yours softly. You kissed back immediately because your crush on the angel caused your instincts to kick in. Once you both pulled away, you rested your foreheads on each other's and sighed.

"That's why I love you. Your stubbornness is part of your personality." Cas said inaudibly but you heard it.

"I love you too, and you know why?" You asked, foreheads still touching.

"Why?"

"Because you were the first one to run to me after I ran in here. You're protective and loving and you care about everyone. That's why I love you." You pressed your lips to his and he kissed back, finally feeling at peace.

"My beautiful angel." He whispered against your lips, wrapped his arms around you and pressing his face into your neck. He held you the rest of the day, wanting to protect you from anything and everything.

This was the most random thing I've ever written. I don't even know where it came from. It's wonderful though. I was literally getting the chills while I was writing this because Cas is the sweetest most adorable smol bean! Anyway, carry on. I'm in a weird mood. I love you guys! Stay beautiful!

-Ellie