Castiel x Self-Conscious!Reader

If you don't have freckles, birth marks, stretch marks, etc... just pretend that you do.

Your p.o.v.

     Self-consciousness was pretty common with you. Every time someone would look at you or looked at your outfit, or even if that person made eye contact with you, you would look down and walk away. You knew that you had freckles on your face, and a large birth mark on your arm, but the worst thing was the stretch marks on your upper thighs and hips. When you showered, you would hate looking at yourself because you hated the way you looked. It wasn't just the birth marks and the stretch marks, it was your facial features too. You thought you looked like the ugliest creature ever created.

     Nobody knew about your self-consciousness but yourself. Sam and Dean didn't know, Castiel especially didn't know because you had a major crush on him and you thought that if he knew that you were self-conscious, that he would never love you back. You realized that he wouldn't ever love you back anyway because of how ugly you were, and how many flaws that you had.

     You weren't having a good day, and when you woke up, you didn't want anyone to look at you. Your solution was to wear a black hoodie and black leggings. You put the hood on your head and put your hands in your hoodie's pockets. You put black socks on and headed into the kitchen for a snack.

     Seeing Sam and Dean in the library on your way to the kitchen was not what you wanted, but with your luck, that's exactly what happened. You passed by quickly, hoping they wouldn't notice you, but they did.

     "Morning Y/N." Sam said and you sighed. You knew you couldn't avoid this conversation because that would be suspicious.

     "Hiya Sammy." You plastered a fake smiled on your face and Sam smiled shyly.

     "Hey Y/N." Dean greeted and you waved your hand towards him.

     "I'mma, ya know, go eat something." You said and they nodded. You walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple off of the countertop. You bit into it and felt the urge to cry. You walked past the library and ran to your bedroom. You set the apple down and jumped face first onto your bed. Your face landed on the pillow and you felt the lump in your throat become larger. You started sobbing and you didn't hear wings flapping.

     "Y/N? Are you okay? What's wrong?" Cas asked as he rushed over to you. "I'm sorry. I'm not good with human affection."

     You shook your head and slowly sat up. You wiped your eyes and Cas wiped the extra tears that remained on your cheeks away. "That's okay Cas, I'm fine." You lied and he shook his head.

     "I know I'm not good with human emotions, but I know that you're not 'fine'." Cas said and you sniffled. "This is about your self-consciousness, isn't it?" Cas said and your heart just about stopped.

     "How did you--" Cas interrupted you.

     "I'm an angel Y/N. I can read minds." Cas said and you sighed. "I also know that you think that I'll never love you back." Cas said and your heart definitely did stop. "But that isn't true. Y/N, I have loved you from the beginning. I need you to know that you are beautiful on the inside and on the outside." Cas said and the tears were flowing.

     "Thank you Castiel." You said quietly and he nodded. He wrapped his arms around you and you smiled. You wrapped your arms around his neck and he smiled slightly.

     "I love you Y/N." Cas said and you smiled wider than ever before.

     "I love you too Castiel."

     Hi guys! I know I need to update my season rewrites, but I wanted to update this story first. I should have the next chapter in my season rewrites up between Monday and Wednesday. Thank you!
                                                     -Ellie