The Angel's Vessel

I thought the idea of this one was interesting so I went with it. Enjoy!

Your p.o.v.

Being an angel's vessel for over a year was difficult to deal with, mostly because you were pretty messed up when she left. Charmeine was a kind angel that didn't put you in harm's way, but it got kind of old to have your body be dragged around without your control over it.

When she left your body, you weren't sure of where you were supposed to go. Your family had given up on you since you had been gone for so long, and you didn't have any money to buy a house or an apartment. You were left with nothing. Charmeine apologized for leaving you with nothing, but you knew it wasn't her fault. You were the one who let her into your body in the first place. Of course, you weren't aware of what would happen to you, but you knew that something would happen, whatever that would be. You just decided not to worry about it at that time.

You were walking along the side of a highway, letting your legs take you wherever they wanted to go, when the sound of fluttering wings startled you. You looked around and there was nothing.

'Hallucinations,' you thought, 'It's just a side effect.'

You continued walking, attempting to forget about what happened, but the hairs on the back of your neck were sticking straight up, telling you otherwise. You sighed and shook your head, not wanting to know what was causing the hairs on the back of your neck to stand up. You took a deep breath and turned around only to find nothing there. You groaned, wanting it to be over, but it wasn't. You started walking faster, but the sound of flapping wings stopped you, once again. You turned around only to see a familiar face. It was an angel Charmeine used to speak with. What was his name?

"Castiel?" You weren't sure if it was really him or not. When Charmeine would talk to him everything was a bit fuzzy. It was never a clear experience.

He nodded slowly and you sighed. At least it was someone you knew, or at least someone you had seen around.

"You're not Charmeine." He stated with his head tilted slightly to the side.

You shook your head trying to act natural. He was attractive, you couldn't deny it. You believed it was his personality, not his looks, that got you practically drooling. You hadn't specifically spoken with him, but overhearing the conversations he had with Charmeine, you felt like you had known him for years. He was sweet and kind but most of all, he was protective. He never wanted to hurt anyone he didn't have to, and he didn't want to put anyone in danger. He was beautiful on the inside and on the outside.

"You're Y/N, right?" He asked for clarification. He would feel horrible if he got it wrong. After all, Charmeine was one of his closest sisters. He was almost always either with her or the Winchesters.

"Yeah." You said with a small smile.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked not wanting to offend you but also curious at the same time.

"I, uh," You paused, not sure if you should tell Castiel or not. "Charmeine left and I didn't have anything left so I'm just... Walking." You said and he looked down sadly.

"I'm sorry that she left you with nothing," Castiel said with a frown on his face. "My brothers and sisters do not understand that humans need certain things to live so when they leave a vessel they always leave them empty-handed." He explained.

"It's alright, I mean, they haven't been human before so they don't understand. Charmeine apologized before she left because she knew that I had nothing left." You told him with a smile, happy that you had a kind angel.

Castiel nodded and smiled slightly. "She was always like that. Hating to upset others." Castiel stated as he looked to his side. He fixed his gaze on you and shifted his weight. "Would you like to come with me? My friends, Sam and Dean Winchester, live in a bunker. We have enough room." He rambled on and you smiled.