May I Have This Dance?

Imagine going to prom with Castiel. This one just randomly popped into my head. Enjoy!

P.S. In this one, the reader is in her senior year of highschool. Yes, the gender of this one is female beacuse it includes the prom dress and makeup. Also some jealous Cas because who doesn't love a jealous, love-sick Castiel? Anyway, carry on.

Your p.o.v.

Prom didn't used to be something you were looking forward to, because, at the time, you didn't have a date. You were super excited because your date was the best person you could go to prom with. Castiel. An angel you had grown up with, pretty much. When your parents were drunk they would beat you and abuse you, Castiel was always there to help. He would zap you somewhere else to prevent himself from harming your parents. He brought you back eventually, but he always made sure that your parents had calmed down. He would visit you in your bedroom sometimes and give you company while you finished your homework. It was sweet of him to help you like he always did. He was the sweetest angel.

When he asked to accompany you to prom, since you wouldn't stop talking about how horribly it would be, he was cute and shy, and unsure if he was doing anything right. All he wanted to do was keep you smiling and happy.

Flashback

You had just gotten home from school, and you ran up the stairs trying to avoid your angry, drunk parents. You sprinted to your bedroom and burst through the door quickly, not even bothering to look around. You closed and locked the door immediately just to be safe. Flipping the light switch, you turned around, surprised when you saw Castiel standing with his hands behind his back and his head down.

"Oh! Hi Cas!" You stated, oblivious of the event that was about to take place.

He looked up and smiled nervously, fidgeting slightly from anxiety. "Hello Y/N." He said quietly and you smiled.

"What's up Cas?" You asked and he shifted his body weight.

"I, uh, I was wondering..." He stuttered and you giggled at his nervousness.

"Spit it out Cas!" You teased and he smiled slightly.

"May I accompany you to this, so called, prom?" Cas asked and you blushed and smiled widely.

"Of course! As my date?" You asked and he nodded sheepishly. "Sure! I'd love that." You said and he smiled widely which caused you to smile wider. You had the best date out of everyone.

End of flashback

It was prom night and you were stoked. Your parents were passed out on the couch so you didn't need to worry about them knowing where you were going. You had your dress on a hanger in your closet and you pulled it out. You hadn't seen Cas anywhere so you were pretty sure you were safe to put it on.

 You hadn't seen Cas anywhere so you were pretty sure you were safe to put it on