Grace of an Angel

Request by shivathearcobat

"What if Dean dies again *dang it Dean* and Castiel was a mess and lost his grace and the reader finds out and helps him recover his grace the rest is up to you Ellie."

This one is longer.

Thank you for the request!

Your p.o.v.

     Castiel had been distant and you missed him, but you couldn't tell anyone because nobody knew about your crush on him. You had been crying almost all day, everyday, because Dean died and it was just you and Sam, since Cas had gone AWOL. Sam would comfort you, but Dean was his brother which made it seem wrong of him to comfort you. You should've been comforting him.

     You needed a break from it all, so you decided to hit the burger joint that was close to the bunker. You got in your car, a black 1967 Pontiac Firebird, and put the key in the ignition. You drove away in the direction of the burger joint.

     You parked your car on the far left side of the parking lot and walked towards the door. You spotted someone crouched down against the side of the building. You slowly approached, checking your belt loop for your knife. The person had dark brown hair and blue eyes-- Castiel! You sprinted towards the angel and crouched down in front of him.

     "Cas! What are you doing here?" You asked and he sniffled. "It's okay. Here, let's get you cleaned up. I'll get us a motel room because I don't want Sam knowing about this yet." You explained and he nodded. You helped him stand up and you put his arm around your shoulder to help him walk. You sat him in the passenger seat and closed the door. You got in the driver's seat and drove to the nearest motel.

     When you arrived you looked at Cas and smiled. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna get us a room, okay?" You said and he nodded. "Just stay here."

     You walked in and got a room with two queens. You came back out and Cas was still waiting in the car. When he saw you he opened the door and stepped out. You smiled and opened the trunk, grabbing your emergency duffle bag that had extra clothes and necessities in it.

    "Come on Cas." You said as you started walking to your room. You unlocked the door and opened it, revealing the crappiest room. You sighed and walked in. Cas followed you and you tossed your duffle bag onto a bed.

     "Alright, you're gonna tell me everything that happened to you." You said and he looked down and nodded.

     "Metatron tricked me. He took my grace for a spell to cast the angels out of heaven. I'm human now and the angels are angry because their wings are broken from the fall." Castiel explained and you sighed.

     "I know Cas. I know that you're human and that Metatron tricked you. I know that the angels fell and that their wings are broken. I just needed to know if it was true." You admitted and Cas nodded.

     "What happened while I was gone?" Cas asked and you took a shaky breath.

     "D-dean d-died and Sam and I are... We missed you C-cas. I m-missed you." You explained as tears streamed down your face. Cas hugged you and you sobbed into his chest. He shushed you and told you that everything would be okay.

     "I'm sorry. This is all my fault." Cas said sadly and you shook your head.

     "No Cas, we just need to find your grace and everything will be okay." You said and Cas nodded. "Why don't you shower and change, and we'll talk about this later." You said and Cas nodded.

     When Cas was showering, you found the location of Metatron. You smiled and collapsed onto your bed. Cas walked out of the bathroom wearing a towel around his waist. He looked at you and you sat up. "What do you need Cas?" You asked and he looked away.

     "I, uh, my clothes are dirty." He said and you stood up.

     "I have extra clothes. They're Sam's and... They were Dean's." You said sadly as you grabbed a pair of jeans and a flannel, as well as boxer briefs, out of your duffle bag. You handed the clothes to Cas and he thanked you.

     He came out a few minutes later wearing the outfit you gave him and you smiled. "Alright. I found the location of Metatron when you were showering." You explained and he nodded nervously.

     "Are you sure about this?" He asked and you nodded.

     "Of course Cas. Why wouldn't I be?" You asked and he sighed.

     "Metatron's stubborn. He might not give us the information we need." Cas said and you shook your head confidently.

     "That's why I have a plan." You said and he nodded. "By the time I'm done with him, we'll know exactly where your grace is."

Time skip

     "You aren't planning to kill him, are you?" Cas asked and you shook your head.

     "No. I'm gonna use a special skill nobody knows about." You explained and Cas looked hesitant. "Don't worry. It won't affect you. It only affects the person I want it to affect." You said and he nodded.

     You arrived at the place that Metatron was supposed to be, and carefully entered with Castiel behind you. You found Metatron sitting in a chair with a smirk on his face.

     "Look who we have here." He said and you motioned for Cas to back up farther behind you. You grabbed your angel blade and breathed deeply. Metatron looked confused and it was your turn to smirk.

     You let out a blood curtling scream that had power connected to it. You lit up with white light and your power blasted into Metatron, causing him to hover in the air and fly against the wall. "Castiel's grace. Where is it?!" You asked and Metatron looked terrified. He didn't reply and you forced more power onto him. "WHERE IS CASTIEL'S GRACE?!" You screamed and he pointed to his chest. You walked over and shoved your hand through his chest, grabbing a glass bottle of bright blue substance out of his chest. You threw Metatron onto the ground and opened the glass bottle. Castiel's grace seeped into his mouth and he lit up with light, showing his broken wings in the process.

     "You will not come near us. Ever. Do you understand?" You asked Metatron and he nodded. You walked out to your car, after washing your hands, and got in as Cas got in the passenger seat.

     "Why didn't you tell me about your powers?" Cas asked and you sighed.

     "I didn't want you to think I'm a freak." You said and Cas furrowed his eyebrows.

     "I would never think you're a freak. Y/N, you know I love you and care about you." Cas said and your breath hitched.

     "You love me?" You asked and he nodded.

     "I've loved you for a while." Cas said and you smiled. You slowly pressed your lips to his and he kissed back gently.

     "I love you too."

     Hey guys! Thank you shivathearcobat for requesting this! I'm sorry about the wait. I hope you enjoyed this! Thank you!
                                                                                               -Ellie