[25] Hunter In The Woods

Comincia dall'inizio

"I will kill the moment I'll see him," yelled Erasmus while following Logan into the woods.

_______

Samara stared at him with unshed tears in her eyes. Her heart beats were stills erratic as the fear of getting caught by that beast was still there in her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked shakily.

Nathaniel quirked an eyebrow at her question, smiling humorlessly. "I can ask you the same, Samara. What you are doing here?"

She gulped hard, glancing sideways at a quiet Lord Lester. "He saw Rodwin running into the forest angrily. We are here to find him."

A sudden realization hit Nathaniel's face as he raised his eyebrows. "Rodwin?" He lowered his eyes, observing her from head to toe. His gaze stopped at her hand which was holding Lord Lester's forearm. "The man who stole my lover from me."

Both of them gasped while Samara shook her head. She was about to explain him how everything happened when she suddenly recalled what Rodwin had shown her nights ago.

Nathaniel daily walking towards the woods at night.

She narrowed her eyes and clenched her jaws. "What are you doing here in the middle of the night?"

Nathaniel smirked, nodding to himself at her behavior. "Are you going to talk this way to me from now on, love? Within one night, what did that Rodwin do that I couldn't do in months? What did he do? Tell me."

Lord Lester stiffened, not liking how the boy was talking to Samara. "The beast is around. We must not waste time. . ."

"Shut up, you old hag." Nathaniel groaned dramatically.

Samara yelled in anger, "How dare you!"

He only chuckled, enjoying her hatred. "I always thought how beautiful you were. I always wondered, how great it would be to make you my bride. Only if I knew that all this time you were fucking Rodwin."

Samara gasped with tears hanging on her eyes. "What did you just say?" She couldn't believe her ears, her eyes as she watched him in shock.

Nathaniel shook his head and glared at her. "My friends told me everything. Just because I yelled at you in anger that night, you turned your back on me. I loved you," he yelled. "But his mere success tempted your greedy eyes."

Samara breathed shakily, glancing at Lord Lester who shook his head at her. "We must leave, dear."

"Of course. And then, fuck each other since your son is not there to please her-"

Nathaniel felt his face stinging all of a sudden as Samara slapped him hard. His eyes widened in disbelief, while cheek hurt. His jaws clenched as he slowly looked back at her.

Samara gulped at seeing the fury in his eyes. "I loved you. I. But you didn't. With your words, you proved now. You never loved me. You are a mean person, Nathaniel. A mean heart."

She pointed at her heart. "If I am greedy, then yes. I am greedy for Rodwin's true love. The man who has always been there for me in my happiness and in my sorrow. He saved my brother."

Nathaniel's eyebrows narrowed as he glared at her. "Your brother? Your sick brother? He-"

"Don't you dare say a word about him. You were out there too in the hallways. You are too in the King's doubt. But here you are, free to roam and blame innocent people. And there, my brother is being held under charge," she sobbed. "I hate you."

Nathaniel scoffed, stepping back while bending and taking out a knife from his boot. Samara remembered it immediately from the night when he had shown it to her, telling how he did care about his own safety.