Character X Reader { VALENTINES SPECIAL }

Character X Reader

Happy Valentines Day, beautiful people!! Sorry I'm super late ugh I'm not dead I swear.

And also sorry if this is bad... HEH

~•~•~

You woke up with a groan, slowly opening your eyes. You smiled at the sleeping face of your boy/girlfriend. You glanced down at their toned, bare chest, and then to the Valentine's Day boxers they wore. (If it's a girl, imagine undergarments)

"What're you doing?" A voice chuckled tiredly, you looked back with a sly grin.

"Checking you out."

(C/n) laughed, his breath fanning onto your face, and you winced, "Your breath reeks."

They rolled their eyes before pushing themselves out of bed.

"Noooooooo." You cried, arms out to keep him from waving, but your gesture did nothing so you dropped your hand and snuggled back into your mattress.

After a few moments, when they had returned form the bathroom, they started to change into their usual work attire.

"H-hey." You grumbled, sitting up an wiping your eyes, "Where you going?"

(C/n) turned to look at you, a sad expression falling onto their face, "I'm sorry, babe. I gotta go to work today. They called in an emergency."

"Oh." A blanket of disappointment fell over you as you relaxed back into bed, turning away from them to hide your watery eyes, "B-but it's Valentines Day."

You heard a sigh, "I know...I'll be home in a few hours."

The bed dipped and you felt the pressure of lips on the side of your head before foot steps faded from the room, later following with the closing of a distant door.

~•~•~

You sat, alone, at the kitchen table, staring gloomily at the cereal in your bowl as you swirled it in the milk with a spoon.

Of course they have the leave on Valentine's. Work comes always first, huh?

You stood and dumped the remains of the cereal in the sink, your appetite gone.

~•~•~

You were sitting on the couch, a pint of (f/f) ice cream in your lap as you switched in and out of stations.

Nope. Nope. Ew I hate that show. Oh! Romance movies! How stupid and innocent and immature.

The voice inside your head continued until you heard a small crack. You looked down as a small seem of the remote in your hands had broken due to your fist tightening around it.

You grumbled curse words, throwing the remote to the other side of the couch. Gazing back at the screen, you swore again as the same romance movie played.

You were about to let out a frustrated scream when a knock on the door drew your attention.

As you opened the door, no one was there but a small box. You cocked an eyebrow, picking up the velvet pink case and bringing it inside.

As you undid the ribbon, pulling off the top. Inside was a bundle of red fabric. You swiftly took it out of the box, and almost gasped. In your hands was a gorgeous red dress. A golden necklace with white pearls and a pair of golden shoes remained in the bag, along with a note reading: