Zuko X Reader

Zuko x Reader

Requested by @_brokenseams_@the-wand-chose-me

~•~•~

A/n: so this is like an AU sorta like Korra where they had those element battles but this is only between like two people yada yada enjoy it, my little fishies. This is after Zuko left the fire nation and was just continuing his search for the Avatar being a big bum.

You smirked as your platform rose onto the arena, giving a three sixty turn as the audience roared.

"-one of the top fire benders! (Y/n)! (L/n)!"

You bowed sheepishly, twirling a spark in your fingers as you watched your fan praise you.

"-And...your favorite prince."

Everyone silenced, listening to the sounds of contained giggles through the speakers.

"-Zuko!"

You let out a laugh, watching as the brunette rose from his platform. His face furrowed in anger as the crowd laughed.

You bit your lip, placing your hair out of your face, brushing your shoulders off as you gained your position for battle.

"Ah, a prince. I feel so fortunate to have you in my presence." You winked, and the boy scoffed.

"Please, princess, at least I have-"

"Have what? Honor? Loyalty?" You rose your hands in gesture to the surrounding 'boo's.

He growled, raising his hands as flame flickered at his finger tips.

"Bend!"

Zuko immediately charged with a yell, and you slid underneath his legs, hitting him with a large blow to his back.

He stumbled back before turning around, rolling over, nestling missing another blow.

"What the heck?" He yelled, throwing one at you, and you did a simple spin to dodge it.

"What, can't beat a girl?" You mused, advancing closer to him, missing each of his strike.

You were yards from him now, and he glowered at you.

You pouted, dodging another hit as you leapt into the air, your back facing the ground as you arched up, before landing feet from him, sending a blow that threw him back. He rose onto his knees slowly.

You stalked closer, bending down on your knees and grabbing his chin.

A drop of blood fell down Zuko's nose, and he growled as you sent him a small smirk.

"I pity you." You whispered, and that's when you noticed a spark in his eyes.

"I don't want your pity." He glared, and before you could respond, you flew backwards, your back hitting the arenas wall.

A large spark of lightning shot at you, and you shook in shock.

"Jesus." You mumbled, glowering as the prince stood up. Wincing, you pushed yourself up, laughing, "Jesus, that was awesome."

Zuko narrowed his eyes in confusion, "What?"

The crowd was quiet, and you grabbed his hand in yours, throwing it in the air to mark his victory.

The whole arena was quiet, watching your every room.

"God dammit, applaud!" You cried, and before you knew it, everyone was on their feet clapping.

You looked back up Zuko, who was already staring down at you.

You didn't even notice the blush that crept onto both of your faces, and you smiled at the crowd.

"Thank you."

You glanced back up at him, smirking.

"You are very welcome."

~•~•~

You laughed, your feet propped up on the chair opposite of yours.

"She doesn't take others victory well unless it's hers!" A voice shouted, and you let out a yell in protest.

"Lies! I do if the opponent has talent." You winked at the quiet boy next to you, "Prince Zuko here does."

You intertwined your fingers with his, sending him a soft smile.

The group of people who had surrounded you at the dinner went quiet, watching the two of you.

"How the hell did a disowned prince get with a victorious chick like her?" Someone snapped, and you raised an eyebrow.

"What?" Zuko hissed, his face turning red, "I'm not-she's not-"

"He's too good for me." You responded, sending a smirk to the surrounding people, before you let your face drop into a threatening glare, "And you guys better realize that he doesn't need the Avatar to get his honor back."

You felt the hand in your squeeze, and you looked down at them.

Your hand in his, his in yours.

You looked up to meet his charming eyes, biting your lip as he sent you an actual smile.

The Prince of the Fire Nation...can smile?

You chuckled, his face a bright red, before he sent you a smirk.

"I think we have some sort of spark."

A/n- THE FEELS, GUYS. THE FEELS!

ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGEGSBMNDNDNRNESHRJEJDOWNDNAKXKKSNFNAJS