Newt X Reader

Newt (The Maze Runner) X Reader

Requested by myself after reading the Death Cure...and mentally and emotionally dying...😭😭😭

~•~•~•~•~

All you remember was going up.

It's what woke you up, actually.

The loud groans of the machinery and the dim light.

And I mean, it was dim.

I couldn't even see my fingers...how many was I holding up?

Well obviously you could answer that...even if you couldn't see your fingers.

But that's besides the point!

You were going nowhere but up.

And that scared you.

What scared you even more was the box you were in jolted to a stop.

And the scariest part...was when the light hit your vision, and...a herd of boys were looking over you.

You starred at them wide eyed, honestly, freaking out way more than a girl who just saw a bunch of guys should freak out. And it wasn't the good kinda freak out.

"Damn it, I thought I was getting more potatoes." A big, black male snorted, eyeing you.

"Uh...so we've got a girl." A dirty blond said.

Aaaaaaaand that's when you screamed.

You let out a loud scream, jumping back and sitting in the corner of the box, hitting your head as you fell back, "Shit!"

"Nice to meet you as well, Shank!" The dirty blond smirked, then lowered a rope, "This has been swell but if don't want to be stuck in here...I'd grab the rope."

You glared at him, then let out a huff. "First tell me where I am and why I can't remember anything."

"That's something even we can't answer...and if you want to know where you are you better climb out."

You rolled your eyes but sat up and gingerly held onto the rope as they pulled you up.

You collapsed onto the floor, your legs giving up on you as they tingled from the position you sat in for what felt like hours.

"Is she okay?" Someone asked, and a hand grabbed your arm and pulled you up. You ran off, slinging his hands off with an elbow.

"Hey!"

Your legs felt like needles and you raced off into the forest, hearing the shouts of the boys behind you. You let out a yelp and pulled yourself quickly into a tree and climbing as high as you could before giving away on a sturdy branch. You were panting when you saw a group of four coming over to the tree you sat in.

"Gally, go check over there. You two go towards that area. I'll keep going forward." The same dirty blonde shouted, and everyone nodded and broke off.

You held your breath as he walked right underneath you, looking around, before swiftly his gaze upwards with a smirk. "I'm not buggin' stupid, I hope you know that." He called, and you released your breath with a large sigh.

"Where am I? Who am I? Who are you? Why am I here? What is this place? Wh-"

"Slim it! I'll answer it all when you get down!"