Dean Winchester X Reader

Dean Winchester (Supernatural) x Cop!Reader

Requested by @pottatosouup33

~•~•~

A/n- this is actually part of my script for shifting to the supernatural universe😏may make a book whattt

You stood at the crime scene, hands crossed and squinting at the car wreck in front of you. A red Jeep was rammed into a large oak tree off the side of the road. It was found earlier in the morning on a small trail a few minutes off of the highway. The car was totaled, and there was no trace of the driver.

"Manny said it belongs to 19 year old, David Jennings. Probably just some drug deal gone wrong." An officer sighed, gripping a notebook and a pen. You hummed in agreement, but your eyes stayed locked on the claw marks on the outside of the broken door. "What do you think, boss."

You held a finger up to tell him to wait a moment before walking to the driver side of the car. The door was broken off and a few feet from the car. The car still blasted some kind of rap music and a phone sat in the cup holder. "I have a friend who worked a similar case to this a few years back. I'm going to call them up, see what they think." You sent the officers around you a smile, "Take some photos, grab some evidence. I'll be back at the office. Call me if you find anything interesting."

"This is Marquette. Nothing interesting ever happens here."

~•~•~

"Heads up, Sammy, we're heading to Michigan." Dean mused, stepping into the motel room with a grin.

Sam looked up from the newspaper article he was scanning, turning in the chair he sat at so he was facing his brother, "What's up?"

"An old friend called. She's working on a case and thinks it's right up our alley." Dean grabbed his duffel bag from under the bed, beginning to pack it up, "You good to head out tomorrow?"

Sam suspiciously stared at Dean, "An old friend? When have you been to Michigan?"

"You act as if I never left Kansas." Dean scoffed, "And (Y/n)'s just someone I ran into during a hunt."

Sam eyed his brother a little longer before smirking, "Just someone you ran into? Did that involve-"

"-We should get some shut eye." Dean interrupted, clearing his throat which caused Sam to burst into a fit of laughter. "It's about a ten hour drive."

Sam continued to snicker to himself but began folding the papers and articles and shoving them into his backpack, "Yeah, yeah."

It was quite as they both got prepared themselves for the trip and for bed. Just as Dean flicked off the table lamp, Sam turned to face his brothers bed with a loose grin. "So (Y/n)-"

"-Goodnight, Sammy."

~•~•~

You stood in your kitchen, fiddling with your hands as your eyes scanned the room for any mess. In the few hours you had cleaned majority of the house, including the sheets in your guest room where the brothers would sleep. You didn't know Dean's brother would be coming along until you called, but you were interested to meet the young Winchester you had heard so much about a little over a year ago.

Dean had come to the Upper Peninsula to work, what you didn't know at the time, a werewolf case. You are the chief police of your town, so when the monthly murders began, you were drawn in to help. You had been Dean, who was posing for a cop. He was charismatic, handsome, and smart, so why wouldn't you have been attracted to him. The two of you were scanning a section of Gwinn State Forest when you were attacked. You still have the cool ass scar on your back to show for it. Needless to say, his understanding of this situation is what led you to finding out his true reason for being here, and that indeed, he was not an officer. You had missed your chance with the werewolf, so Dean stayed another month in the U.P., besides the small trips for other hunts. You eventually offered your guest room to him, explaining how guilty you felt for keeping him in town to work on a case you had no experience with. He excepted. It didn't seem like a big deal until up slept together. A few times. The second full moon came around, and once again, Dean missed his chance, missing the attacks by a landslide, them being at a state park a few miles away. So once again, he stayed with you while traveling to other hunts every other week or so. Things seemed great with him until the werewolf was killed and the hunt was finished off. He explained how he had a job to do, and how he probably wouldn't be back. You offered for you to come along with him, but you knew you had a job to do and obligations in Marquette. Yeah, you were pissed when he left, but you understood. You exchanged a few calls here and there until one day he just stopped calling, and eventually so did you.