Thomas X Reader

Thomas (The Maze Runner) x Reader

Requested by @Briellejennifer

~•~•~

HAHAHA!

WELL, ILL BE DARNED

IM ALIVE?!

Btw this is in a new POV so tell me how you like it. I'm using 'me/my/I' instead of 'you/your' , And I'll most likely go back to my old customs, but I'm experimenting.

Ever since I came up in that box, everything had changed.

I mean, most of the boys tried to gain my attention and awe into my heart, but mostly because I was the first girl to arrive.

After several days of training, laughter, job finding, and flirting...I was placed as a Runner.

Gally seemed quite upset about this, but did that stop me from doing absolutely whatever I could to annoy him?

Aha...nah.

I, along with Minho and Thomas, ran between the mazes walls, sweating and undetermined.

Once again, we had returned with nothing new.

"I'm done for the day, I'll see you guys tomorrow." Minho sighed, wiping his shirt across his face.

I gave a sympathetic smile, and Thomas nodded, entertaining his sweating hands with mine.

I couldn't help but smile, looking up at him.

"Thomas, I love when you hold my hand, but right now isn't the best time to-"

He removed his hands from mine and instead placed his arm around my shoulders.

Rolling my eyes, a smile on my face, I allowed him to direct me to a hammock that hung from two trees.

As we both relaxed into it, the sounds of the maze shifting from around us, I sighed.

"We're never going to find our way out of here." I whispered, "Are we?"

Thomas tightened his hold around me, pulling me so my head rested on his shoulder, his head over mine.

"I'm going to find a way out of here. We're going to find a way out of here." He told me, his eyes narrowed in determination.

Biting my lip, looking at the tall, stoned walls, I nodded.

We sat in silence for a while. Enjoying the warmth we both gave each other in the chilly evening, both in deep thought.

"What do you think is out there?" I finally said, changing my gaze to the brunette boy.

"A future." He smiled, "A future for both of us. A future for all the boys. We won't need to risk our lives everyday just so that we can actually get out of this hell."

I closed my eyes, "That sounds nice."

We both laughed, meeting each other's gazes with a bright smile.

If only we'd know how wrong we'd been...

The blinding light and sandy air was enough to make everyone stumble uncontrollably.