#158 dangerous night

"Baby?" Joker glanced at y/n from the driver seat as her small voice broke him out of his train of thoughts. The Joker was always so deep in thought. Though no one knew what was going on in his complicated mind. Mister J made a sound in his throat to signal y/n to go on. The girl seemed hesitated for a while before she spoke up "Why'd you... why'd you never..." it was obvious y/n was beyond nervous. Her voice barely a whisper. Mister J slightly rolled his eyes before returned his glare back to the road up ahead "You know daddy don't like it when you're being like this. Just say it" He sounded a bit annoyed at her. Y/n was silent for a moment until she eventually spoke up in an extremely fast speed "Why'd you never give me any normal stuff?" Her words made Joker looked back at her "I gave you everything a lot of people could only dream off: diamonds, cars, a fucking private plane" "No, I mean... something like flower or chocolate... I don't know. Why can't we try gift each other with silly gifts like normal boyfriend and girlfriend? You know, it'd be good if we... be like a normal couple?" Y/n could see how mister J's muscles suddenly grew tense at the words and she actually regretted what she said. Of course, y/n always knew they could never be normal. She knew it since the day she decided to let him in, and she excepted that. But after all, she was still just a girl who wished the man she loved would at least show her a little bit of his other side which she believed he had it buried somewhere deep inside him. Now, seeing J's reaction, y/n just wished she could have kept her mouth shut. Silly her. He was the Joker! He wouldn't do the 'typical boyfriend' stuff and act lovey dovey "You listen here, y/n" His voice got darker and y/n gulped "I don't do stuff like that. You should've known it long ago. Don't bring that stupid subject up again. I'm warning you" Joker spoke with his eyes on the road up ahead. Y/n didn't say anything. She just nodded. He was right, she should've known it long ago.

"Baby!" Y/n cried as she rushed from the bed and toward him, letting him lean on her as she guided him towards the bed. Though this sure wasn't the first time Joker returned home covered in blood, y/n could never get used to the sight. This time, it was worse than ever before "Batman?" Y/n took a guess. Mister J shook his head no as he let out a low growl. Y/n was a little bit surprised. She didn't think there was any person except for the Bat of Gotham that could got the Joker like this. She wanted to ask, but knew better than to push it any further considering how pissed he was, it was best to stay quiet "Stay here, okay" y/n spoke softly. She leaned in to place a quick kiss on his forehead before walked out the room.

Y/n reentered the room minutes later with first aid kit "Let me help" she placed the box on the nightstand table and went to help mister J take his shirt off. She saw him gritted his teeth. She could tell he was in pain, so much pain but decided to put on the poker face. After a bit of struggling, they finally managed to throw the torn-apart Armani suit to the ground. Joker's muscular chest and abdomen were covered in cuts and bruises it made y/n's heart drop. She didn't like this. Didn't like it at all. She never wanted him to have the slightest scratch on his body. It hurt her more than it hurt him to see him get hurt. "Lay down, please" y/n gently said. She placed her hand on his shoulder and put a slight weight on it. He was stubborn, but he finally gave in and laid his back down on the mattress. The little one poured the rubbing alcohol down on cotton "This may hurt a bit" She warned before placed the cotton down on the cut on his toned chest. Even though Joker would try his best to pretend like such 'little' injuries couldn't bother him, the sharp pain was too much he couldn't stop that whimper from coming out of his mouth in time. He instinctively tried to move away, but y/n was fast enough to place her free hand on his shoulder and hold him still. Mister J closed his eyes, gritted his teeth as y/n wiped away the blood.

"You're all good" y/n stated with a soft smile on her face after she was sure every cut on his body has been tended to. Joker still just laid day. After all, it was a long day and he would love to just lay there and try to relax. Y/n reached her hand out and petted his head, running her thin fingers through his green locks. She knew moments like these were the very rare moments mister J would allow her to touch him without having to wait for his permission, and she cherished them the most. Joker let out a soft purred in response as she massage his head, his eyes drifted close "Luthor" The clown spoke up after a minute of silence "Huh?" Y/n didn't quite catch it "Lex Luthor. That prick thought he could steal Gotham from me. So I had to teach him some lessons" Joker cracked a dark laugh it sent shivers down y/n's spine. She knew who Lex Luthor was and all the greatest horror that man was capable of. Still, no matter how intelligent Luthor was, Joker wasn't someone who could be messed with. Y/n also knew when mister J said he 'taught someone a lesson' he really meant it. She believed Joker was the only person who could defeat Luthor, she was right.