#81 feel better, little one

She was hurt. She was hurt, and it was all his fault. The Joker watched as y/n whined when the sensation of rubbing alcohol burnt into the open wound on her soft skin. She didn't even know she was being watched by her sweet mister J, if only she knew it, she'd never show such sign of weakness. Y/n wanted to be that tough girl to please the clown. So she put on the invincible woman mask through the whole ride back home, that such "little" injured couldn't get to her, she faked a smile and giggle after her sweet mister J left her alone in the bullet rain, left her running here and there in order not to get the projectile in her skull, yet one still grazed into the delicate skin on her tiny arm. Though as soon as they got home and y/n thought the clown was in his office, busy with his work as usual, she sneaked her way in the bathroom, fumbled for first aid kit and started to dress the wound herself. It hurt. It hurt like hell that y/n allowed hot tears to roll down her cheeks, so strongly convinced mister J wasn't creeped in the shadow watching her. Thus she could take the "strong girl" mask off.

Another whimper in pain, and it increased that weird feeling weighed in the clown's chest. He didn't know what it called, but whatever it was, he didn't like it. How y/n made him feel just by looking at her being in so much pain, knowing it was his fault. He left her there, as if she meant nothing to him. But he was the Joker, he wasn't supposed to feel... guilt. Y/n tried to stop the bleeding by pressing the cloth against the wound, but the moment she pushed weigh onto it, the pain became even more acute that it made the little girl gritted her teeth as another drop of tear made its way down her face. Joker wanted to turn back and leave, to go to his master bedroom and just relax. However, no matter how hard he tried to get rid of the feeling, he found himself unable to do so. And so he let out a low growl as he cracked his neck. The sound alerted y/n she wasn't alone. She turned her head to the direction and flinched a bit, had he been watching me the whole time? Y/n thought. Her cheeks immediately turned red from pure embarrassment. He saw her being weak. "Baby?" Y/n spoke. Her voice was like how a voice of a child who getting caught red handed with its hand still in a cookies jar would sound. She stopped crying the moment her eyes met his, still there was too late to hide those tears strained cheeks and puffy eyes. Y/n was ashamed and scared, ashamed that he saw her in such vulnerable state, scared that mister J would be mad at her for crying and that she'd get yelled at, or slapped. She knew how much the Joker hated it when people cried. Crying was sign of weakness, and he once said to her she was the last person he expected to see in tears. She failed him. With one hand still placed the cloth against the other arm, y/n kept her glare at her feet, ready for the punishment she believed mister J would give her for being so weak. The Joker made his way over to his little girl, though instead of cruel words or a hit like she expected, he just stood there in front of her as if he was thinking what was he going to do with her. She was so fragile. His next move took y/n by surprise as he gently pushed her hand that was holding the cloth away to assess the damage on her arm "Baby...." Y/n spoke in a small voice but he cut her off "Shhh" Mister J said as he was occupied with the bullet hole on her arm. Y/n jumped when he lightly ran his finger through it. The touch wasn't rough yet it made another wave of excruciating pain seep through her spine. The moment y/n realized her action was another prove of how weak she was, she gritted her teeth and tried to stay completely still, yet the pain she was in still managed to make her body shake like a leaf she couldn't even control it! God, how she hated herself for showing such weakness in front of Joker. That tough girl she faked to be earlier was ruined, right now, in front of the clown was just a wake little girl who couldn't even hold herself back as another tears now made its way down her cheeks. How embarrassing!

"Are you really not going to take the bullet out?" Chuckled a little, mister J asked after examined the wound for a while, his eyes met hers. She was such a child and for some reason, her innocence and how hard she tried to be strong in front of him only made her look even more helpless that J wanted to protect her, to just hold her tight in his arms and never let her go, but of course, he'd never say it out loud "I... I don't know...is it necessary?" Y/n mumbled in a small voice "Yes, it is, you looney tune" Mister J scolded yet he still had a soft smile plastered on his lips. She was such a child. He let go of her, grabbed the bag of first aid kit and after fumbled for what was needed for a while, he finally picked up a forceps and started the progress. Y/n wanted to be strong, but the pain made her buried her face in his chest as her tears soaked his shirt. The stitches part were the worst. She hated needle and was now crying hysterically at this point "There. It's done, stop crying, y/n" He stated coldly after a while, and walked to the sink, letting the water wash away her blood that soaked his hand. Y/n tried to stop her sobs, she started to calm herself down a bit down as the pain decreased. It was still hurt, but not as bad as moment earlier. Now that realization hit her, she had just cried like a five year-old in front of mister J! he must hated her so much. How could she be such a failure "I'm... I'm sorry" She said barely a whisper, just loud enough for him to hear. She was the one apologizing when he was the one leaving her in the rain of bullet, but y/n still believed it was her fault. She was the stupid one for getting herself shot and now she was being weak in front of him! Joker turned around and didn't say a word. Deep down, somewhere in that fucked up heart of his, he knew he was the guilty one. He knew she had nothing to be sorry. He knew he should say it, should let her know that he was sorry, but he just couldn't fathom the words so he just nodded, accepting her apologize.

The clown took her hand in his as he led her to the master bedroom, carefully placed her on the soft king size bed, ordered her to lay down which she obeyed like a good girl she was, letting him tug her in before climbed to other side of the bed and laid down next to her.

Joker noticed his little doll shivered in her sleep, looking obvious uncomfortable from the fresh wound. He gently placed his the back of his hand on her forehead without waking her up, she was burning up, no doubt from the bullet wound. He sighed and got out of bed just to come back minutes later with painkiller, aspirin and glass of water in hands. Placed the stuff down on the nightstand, mister J looked down at the tiny body curled up into a ball under layers of blankets. He hated to wake her up, she deserved her good night sleep after everything she had to go through these past 24 hours because of him, but she needed to take the med "Wake up wake up" Joker leaned down as he booped the tip of her nose, watching how her face scrunched up as she lifted her hand in front of her face trying to pry his finger away, still sleeping. She was so adorable, so pure, so innocent some times it made him wonder how did a monster like him end up with an angel like her. He was blessed to have her, though he'd never admit "Wake up, princess" He continued the action until y/n opened her beautiful brown eyes. The first thing she saw was his ocean blue orbs staring right at her brown ones, his face just inches away from hers "M-mister J, what is it?" Y/n asked in a sleepy voice it made her voice look even more like a child's "You need to take your med, little one" Hearing that made y/n pouted subconsciously, she hated taking pills "But mister J, I'm fine now" "No, y/n, you're burning up. Hey don't make that face with daddy" He pointed his index finger at her face "Now be a good girl and take the med" He said again as he took the pills in hand, handing it to her. Hesitated for a few seconds, y/n finally took his offerings. Mister J then handed her a glass of water. She handed the glass back to him after drunk the pills down her throat. Still, Joker noticed his doll was still shivering. Fever and blood loss made it cold to the bones. And as much as he hated to admit, seeing y/n in pain made that weird ache in his chest grew stronger. So he kneeled down to her level, his hands started rubbing up and down her arms to radiate some warmth to her body, making sure to avoid the wound. The action continued for a while until y/n stopped shivering. His touch always helped, his touch alone was always better than any medicine. Joker then get back to bed next to y/n. She turned her face towards him, and he knew just what she wanted by looking into her big round brown orbs without her having to say it. Y/n wanted to ask for cuddle, but was too afraid of his answer. Little did she know, mister J always knew what was on her mind. He chuckled and decided to pull her close to his chest, his arms wrapped around her tiny body. Y/n wouldn't see it, but a soft smile broke on his lips as he felt her nuzzled up to his firm chest. It didn't take long for both of them to drift into blissful sleep in each other's arms.