beating heart (part 2)

Read part one in chapter 64

"Wake up, clown" A big man with beard in high gear suit yelled as he entered the Joker's cell in Arkham. The clown groaned as he got up from the hard tiny bed in his tiny windowless cell, his arms were tied in the straitjacket he wore 24/7 expect for when he had to use a bathroom "Open your mouth" The guard commanded, J unwillingly obeyed, knowing he had to. So they could give him the med. With y/n's damaged heart in his chest, he'd die, if he couldn't get his basic need in every 12 hour "Seriously, they shouldn't allow you to get the med. should've just let you died" The guard complained as he shove the pill down the clown's throat.

The doctor knew it took miracle. Y/n's body couldn't take her damaged heart, but since J was much stronger than her, they decided to give it a try and put her heart in his body. He apparently made it, but it also meant he had to live with her arrhythmia. He got thrown in Arkham after the operation, but the clown didn't really hold it against the Bat. He kind of expected it, after all, he made a deal with the Bat to let the dark knight thrown his ass in Arkham if he could save y/n. Y/n was safe now, she doesn't have to live with the arrhythmia and doesn't have to take the pill every 12 hour for the rest of her life. That was all that mattered. Though no one but the inside people was supposed to know Joker was alive. They decided to let the world thought he was dead, it was better this way. Joker, the man thought to be heartless, giving his heart to save a girl's life. Which was true, but what they didn't say was he was also made it out alive as well. The thoughts of never seeing y/n again hurts him, but he had to focus on the fact she was completely safe and sound, otherwise he'd lose his mind. Joker didn't expect his men to come and get him out, why would they do that when they were all thought he was dead.

Every day in Arkham was a living hell. Despite his heart condition, they still put him through the electric shock therapy, though he still had his laugh through the whole progress. He was the Joker. He wouldn't let anyone see they got to him. He used to these "old friend" named shock therapy for so long. However, what was really killing him on the inside was the thought of never seeing y/n again. She thought he was dead. Was she sad? The clown suddenly felt sad at the thoughts of his girl being sad. He wanted her to have the smile on her face and laugh the whole time. He wanted to tell her to be happy. That her... his heart in her body would provide her the ability to all the things she wished she could do but her heart was holding her back in past. Now, she could do whatever she wished. He wanted to tell her to just do it, and not to be sad about him. Surely, the clown couldn't give a 100% in what he used to do in these past day, even if he'd get out of this hellhole someday. Her heart in his body would limit everything he used to be capable of, but he still had no regret in the decision he made.
The clown laid on his cold hard bed as he let his mind traveled to wherever y/n was. He closed his eyes, letting all the memories with her flood in when suddenly, the beep of alarms sound caught his attention. Joker opened his eyes and was met with red light flashing repeatedly from the celling. Frowning, he got up and walked to the bar of his cell. He could see the other asylum inmates did the same. The siren wouldn't stop, and red light continued flashing. Joker knew something was seriously wrong with the security system. Being a fearless man he was, the clown walked to the bar with highest voltage until he was only an inch away from it. He couldn't feel the slightest feel of electricity the bar usually provided, if he'd get this close. Growling, the clown knew if his theory was wrong, the thousands of volts would burn the life out of him. But he had nothing to lose anyway. Plus, fear was never in his dictionary. With all the force, Joker -still in his straitjacket- pushed himself against the bar. In the result, both him and the metal bar fell to the ground. He got up, alive, not even a slightest shock hit his body. He was outside the cell. He was free! His lips curved into a grin as all the other inmates watching, mouths hung open. In no time at all, they were all followed the clown's action and were now out of their cells. Apparently, short circuit occurred, caused the electricity on each gate to turn off, and the doors became automatically unlocked. It took only a few seconds for gunshots to be heard through the hallway, and it was only getting closer. The guards were coming. The clown knew he didn't have much time, he needed to escape fast. He knew every corner, every short cut of Arkham as if the place was his own home. And the fact every patient was also now free only giving him higher chance to get out of here, they would block the guards' way to get to him, making his escape became easier. The guards wouldn't care much about any other inmates. All they cared about was the Joker, they couldn't let the Clown Prince get away. Even with the heart condition he now got, the Joker was still the most dangerous criminal.