#127 scapegoat

So I wrote something a bit different again lol. Disclaimer that this is ALL just a FANFICTION ;))

The loud bang on the door startled y/n awake. Glaring at the clock, it read 03:25 am. Who'd knock on her door so late at night... so early in the morning whatsoever. Y/n rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, fumbled around until she found a switch. Turning on the light, y/n carried her body to the door, feeling a bit pissed her precious sleep got disturbed.

Once y/n opened the door, she suddenly became wild awake "Jared?" Her boyfriend, Jared Leto was standing in front of her, but why, y/n didn't understand. He looked so... paranoid and bad. Just that the look on his face alone was enough to tell her something was seriously wrong "What- what happened. Why didn't you call?" Instead of answering, Jared rushed inside her house, closed the door behind and made sure he locked it. He wasted no time storming to her couch and plopped himself down on the long upholstered piece of furniture. He rubbed his own temples with his fingers. He didn't look well, not at all. His strange behavior was making y/n nervous "J, what is going on?" Y/n slowly approached her boyfriend. He looked so... vulnerable it scared her. Jared was always so strong, not like this "Jared-"
"I need you to believe me I didn't do it" He cut her off.
"Do... do what, baby, you're not making any sense" She slowly kneeled down in front of him. Worries written over her brown orbs. Jared grabbed her hand in his. He sighed. After a moment of silence, he spoke up "The cops are looking for me-"
"What? Why?"
"Just let me finish. I... I don't know how does this happen, but they believe I'm the one responsible for the murder of a man. B-Bryan something. I don't even know him! You have to believe, babe, you gotta believe me" J was losing his mind, and y/n felt like she got hit by a ton of bricks. Her boyfriend, her sweet Jared who never harmed a fly. No, there must be some kind of mistake. Y/n knew Jared. He would never do something like this "Jared. Jared, look at me. Look at me" She cupped his cheeks as he wouldn't stop stuttering. She was as freaked out as he was, but she couldn't show it. Usually, Jared was always the strong one. But now that he was done, y/n had to stay strong for him "Look at me, baby" Her voice and her touch calmed him down. Jared took a deep breath. Their eyes locked, and for the first time, y/n saw how exhausted he was. It was written all over his blue orbs. This bullshit was killing him "I believe you, okay" She spoke clearly and confidently. Hearing y/n said that relieved him a little. He'd lose his mind, if even his girl thought he'd do such horrible thing "Calm down, and tell me what's going on?" Jared slowly shook his head no at her question "I don't know..." He let out a heavy sigh and ran his palm passed his face. He had no idea either. Hell, he wished he knew the fuck was going on, but all he knew was that there were cops coming at his house with search warrant and just torn his property to pieces trying to find god knew what. They didn't even explain nor tell him what was going on. All he was told was that he was a suspect for someone's -he had never heard the name of- murder, and that he couldn't leave town and had to show up at court tomorrow. That was all he knew. Jared felt like his whole world came crashing down all at once. He didn't know what to do, who to turn to. So he came to y/n, the only one he believed would believe him, he was right.

"Baby, we'll get through this together, okay. It's going to be okay" Y/n cooed after seeing tears accumulated in his eyes. She had never seen him like this, but after all the sudden bullshit that had been thrown at him, even the strongest could break. She hugged him which Jared wasted no time hugging her back. He didn't know his strength was breaking her bones, but y/n didn't complain "You have to believe me" "I believe you, baby, I believe you" She kept on repeating the sentence over and over. Both of them stayed like that all night: wrapping their arms around each other.

"That wasn't me" Jared said confidently after a cop shown him the footage video in his laptop. They were at police station, in an interrogation room. Next to Jared was his lawyer, and across from them, a cop trying to show him a blurred video of a man, who actually looked like J, walking out of the man's -who was murdered, Bryan - house. Though it wasn't Jared. Just someone who looked very alike "You sure that's not you?" The cop asked "Yes, I am" Jared didn't like his tone at all, but all he could do was answer the question "Alright, then I guess you can tell me why your blood is all over Bryan's floor" "W-what?" Jared felt like he got hit by a truck at what the cop had just said. He was speechless. Then, that cop pulled something out of his bag: a photo. A photo of the crime scene with blood all over the floor. He slid it in front of Jared "Bryan fought. He cut the murderer, and... would you mind?" The cop pointed at Jared's arm, signaling him to roll up his sleeve. Jared could only have his mouth hung in disbelief. This is bullshit. He had been set up by whoever knew he got a cut under his arm after a rock climbing, but who? He didn't tell anyone! "Mister Leto" The cop's voice bought Jared back to reality. He sighed in defeat before rolled up his sleeve, allowed them to see stitches on his skin "I can explain" He cut the cop off before the officer could say anything "I got it from rock climbing" Though Jared could tell by the look on the man's - sitting across from him - face that he didn't believe him "Mister Leto... here's the thing" The cop took off his glasses and leaned forward "We already got your blood, and from the blood we found in the crime scene... it matches. How can you explain that, hmm? How can you explain why your blood is in the crime scene?" "That... that's impossible. I... I don't know. I've been set up. You have to believe me. I've been set up! I didn't kill him. You have to believe me!" Jared's voice was getting louder almost to the point of screaming"Mister Leto... Mister Leto" The lawyer had to place a hand on Jared's shoulder when he saw his client started to lose it. The touch of his lawyer seemed to bright Jared back to his senses. He sighed, trying to hold himself together "I didn't kill that man" Jared said again. Though this time, he was calmer, from outside. The inside was the complete opposite. The cop sighed "Thank you, mister Leto. We're done for the day. Please, remember that you have to show up in court tomorrow. Don't go far" And with that, the officer left the room.