#95 arkham aftermath

Y/n walked down the long corridor in Arkham, bloody corpse lying on the ground everywhere, bloodshed on the wall, red alarm still flickering on the ceiling. Everything around her seemed dead. Everyone was dead except for her and the Joker's men, and the clown himself who was waiting to see her face. The whole place was silent except for the sound of her heels and the henchmen's boots clicking through the hall. This wasn't the first time mister J got locked away in Arkham, it wasn't the first time his men was about to break him out. Though it was the first time y/n was in the rescue mission. She knew mister J would be mad to see her coming to this hellhole. He expected her to wait at the penthouse. If anything, the last thing the clown wanted was for his princess to step inside the asylum, knowing if anything were to go wrong, she could end up get herself locked in here. And Arkham was no place for a little girl.
"Princess?!..." The Joker's eyes widened once he saw her walking towards his glass cell. J got up from his tiny hard bed, thought before he could get to the glass panel, the chain on his foot which restrained him to the bed stopped him. Y/n was now standing in front of the cell, their eyes glued on each other. The henchmen were working on the lock, and once the door opened, she rushed into his arms. Y/n could feel how J was fighting against the straitjacket to hug her back, to touch her, and it made something inside her heart ache. He was special. Someone like him was meant to rule the world, not trapped in a tiny cell in a straitjacket "You shouldn't be here" J growled in her ear as she reached for his back to unbuckle the straps, a henchman crunched down to untie the chain on his feet. Once the clown was free, y/n found her tiny body being pinned hard against the wall "What did daddy tell you about never coming in here hmm?" His voice filled with anger, but there was also something else, crave. Even if she disobeyed him by coming here, not being able to see her for almost a month was too much he couldn't bring himself to be mad at her. Even if he would never admit it, mister J missed his princess so much, and before y/n could say "I'm sorry" J crashed his mouth to hers, devouring her lips like there was no tomorrow. God, he missed her too much to be mad at her "Let's go home, pumpkin"

On the ride back home, mister J kept y/n on his lap as he sat on the backseat, his hands wrapped around her. He was quiet. More quiet than usual, but this was how he'd normally be every time, after he had just got out of that hellhole. Most people wouldn't notice, the henchmen wouldn't notice, not even Frost. They thought his silence was just a coincidence. But y/n knew it wasn't. She was the only person to know her clown lover was still too scared by what they did to him when he was in there to rambling about things. So he kept his head burying at the crook of her neck from behind. Her scent confirmed him that it was all over now. That he had her back in his arms now. No one but y/n knew behind those silence was a lost and confused man. Though she knew he would be fine soon. It just took a couple days maximum, he'd be fine soon.

When they arrived home, he commanded her never leave his sight. It wasn't that he made it an order or anything. Yet, y/n could tell just by looking him in his icy blue eyes. He wanted to see her. He needed to touch her, to remind himself he was no longer in Arkham. Every time she got up from his lap, and was about to walk away, he'd look at her with those eyes. Those eyes that allowed her to know he didn't want her to be away from him, not even for a second. Of course, he was the Joker, and the Joker could never beg for a girl to stay. But y/n knew just by looking him in the eyes, he was silently begging for her to stay in his arms, and she ended up back in his lap as he wrapped his arms around her even tighter "It's okay, baby, I'm here" She turned back to face him and whispered quietly just for him to hear. He didn't say anything back, just kissed the tip of her nose.

The sun disappeared from the skies, replaced by the moon and the stars. Mister J crawled on to the bed next to y/n. His strong arm gently pulled her little body close to his chest. Having to sleep without being about to hold her in his arms these past month was pure torture he'd rather go through electroshock instead. His embrace on her got tightened to the point it started to feel uncomfortable, but y/n didn't complain. She knew how hard it was for him. The only light shining through the thin curtains and illuminating their bodies came from the moon. Y/n watched his eyes drifted close. It didn't took long for his breathing to get slower, he was drifting into sleep. Strand of green hair fell down his face, making him look like a child. Only y/n could see the king of Gotham in such vulnerable state. She leaned over, and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. His hold on her got lightened, letting her know he was asleep. Y/n closed her eyes, ready to fall asleep in his arms for the first time after separated for so long.

She woke up to the rather violent movement next to her. Reached her hand for the lamp on the nightstand, y/n saw J furrowed his nonexistent brows, his lips slightly moved as he mumbled something in his sleep. She got up on her elbow to get a better look, and saw the blanket on his body somehow strapped him, making him unable to move around. This must made the nightmare he was having be even more realistic, that he was forced in his straitjacket and was back in the asylum. "J..." Y/n gently tapped on his shoulder, but he still hadn't woken up, instead trying to free himself from the blanket he thought was straitjacket more violently that y/n was afraid he was going to hurt himself. So she got the blanket off of him, and shook his shoulder a little more rough. His eyes finally snapped open, and he bolted up right, panting hard "Baby, it's just a dream. I'm here" She cooed, gently ran her hand up and down his muscular arm. She could feel how tensed he was. Mister J took a deep breath, trying to catch his breath. He looked at her. Seeing her face reminded him it was just a nightmare, and it was over now "Come here" He spoke, his voice was harsh, yet in his eyes, there were fear still visible. She leaned herself back in his arms as he laid both themselves back down on the soft mattress. Her head resting on his chest. Y/n loved to sound of his beating heart, she loved listening to it. After all, she needed something to remind herself that she got her J back too, and hearing his heartbeat confirmed her she was no longer alone. J absentmindedly ran his fingers through her hair. He took a deep breath, trying to smell her scent just to remind himself again that he was eventually home to the only person he loved and love him. It didn't take long and they both fell back asleep in each other's arms.

For what most people knew or thought of, the Joker enjoyed trip to Arkham like a little vacation where he knew he'd soon get out and continue causing chaos and mayhem to the city. No one but y/n knew the effect this place had on him. The Joker could never show his fear and weakness to any living soul, any living soul except for y/n. She was different. He put on the clown mask and laughed through the whole things they did to him. He had his evil grin on when they fired his brain, when they tortured him. But when he got out of there, when he was alone with y/n, he allowed himself to break down in front of her. He allowed her to know that after all, he was just a human with feelings. He got scared, he wasn't always strong. At first, he hid all of these away from y/n, but he knew now that it was okay to break down some times. He learned now that it was okay to show his weakness to her. He realized now that she wasn't going to judge the fact he couldn't be strong all the time. And he also learned it was better to let it go after carried it all on his shoulders by himself for so long. She'd make everything okay again. She'd make the world worth laughing at again. As long as she was by his side, everything was going to be okay.

Guys, sorry this was so short. Requests are open xx