forgive me (part 2)

*bang*

Gunshot rang out as y/n closed her eyes, accepted her faith. Y/n expected the pain to hit her. Expected to feel that sharp pain between her eyes before everything'd go black. But to her surprise, she still felt pretty much alive. The bullet never hit her. She opened her eyes to found the Joker used his hand to hold the his other hand as blood seeping through it. He was clearly in pain. The gun he was holding now lying on the floor. Once y/n got a better look of his bloody hand, she noticed the batarang embedded in his hand. Out of the blue, the bat of Gotham came out of nowhere and charged at the Clown Prince of Crime. Batman found their hideout and broke in, took down J's henchmen without them noticing since they were both too focus on their situation to care about anything else. "Miss, are you okay?" Bat asked. Y/n kept her profile low. Bat doesn't know she was the Joker's girlfriend, all he saw was J held her at gunpoint so he assumed she was some kind of a girl J kidnapped. Y/n watched in shock as the bat handcuffed J. "Listen, miss, you're safe now. The police will be here soon. I have to take this clown to where he belongs. He can't hurt you anymore" The Joker didn't even have a chance to say anything before Bat thrown something from his utility belt to the roof and flew both himself and the Joker out to the dark Gotham's night sky. Leaving y/n speechless at what just happened. She needed some times to gather her thought. Everything happened so fast. J was gone. Just like that. She should be happy that she was alive and could finally live her life without him, but instead, her heart felt so empty at the sight of J being taken away from her.
He was going to kill me. Though it was what she expected he would do, it still hurts her to think the person she called the love of her life was actually going to kill her. But what she doesn't know was that J would never intended to pull the trigger, he could never bring himself to do it. Batman hit him at his hand causing the gun to unintentional discharged. Luckily the bullet didn't hit her. Y/n just stood there for awhile until she heard the police sirens. Though they wasn't going to arrest her since they thought she was kidnapped by J, even though they know she was his girlfriend, they still couldn't arrest her for dating the most wanted criminal but she doesn't want to talk to anyone right now. So she left the scene.

______

It had been a whole month since J was taken to "the place he belongs" said the Bat. Y/n knew where they kept J: Arkham. Y/n now lived in an apartment she could afford with the money she had before she met J. She thought she would be happier without him, she couldn't be more wrong. Her life had never been this empty. She had no motivation to find a job or to do anything. She just laid in bed all day, absentmindedly. All she could think of was the clown's smile and laugh. She hated to admit, but she missed him. She needed to get her clown back.

Y/n took a deep breath as she parked her car in front of J's hideout. She got out of the car and made her way inside. Once y/n entered the hideout, everyone's eyes was on her. Any by everyone: it was the Joker's henchmen that didn't get caught. "Miss y/n, didn't expect to see you, but we're all glad you here" Frost, J's right hand man said in a surprise voice, but still mixed with happiness to see her here. Y/n just smiled and nodded. They were gathered around a large paper: Arkham's layout. Y/n doesn't need to be told to know what they were doing. They were planning to help J escape. "When will we start?" Y/n asked. "We already got everything we need, miss. We're planning to break in tonight" Frost said. "Good. I'm coming with you guys" "Umm with all the respect, miss. I think the boss would rather have you waiting for him here. We'll bring him here when we got him out" Frost hesitantly said. All the henchmen know if the Joker's queen ever got one scratch on her, it'd be their asses on the line. And they don't have time for babysit during an important mission. Y/n rolled her eyes. "I'm coming. And that's it" She insisted and the henchmen know there was nothing they could do to change her mind.

Y/n's heart was beating fast as they were now break into the asylum. Frost told her to stay close to him all the time. They took down Arkham guards one by one at each corridor. They walked in silence until they reached the block where they kept the Joker. There was a high security lock at the metal door. The man in goat mask set up the bomb and signaled the rest of them to go to the side. After 10 seconds, the huge explosion go off, sending the door flew away, the smoke was everywhere, making it hard to see. They rushed inside until they were in front of the cell where they kept J. The Joker grinned his evil grin when he saw his henchmen, but that grin on his face suddenly disappeared as soon as he saw a little girl standing behind them. Oh no! J wasn't smiling. Was he mad at me for coming? Y/n was a bit scared she'd made him mad, but that concert had nothing compared to the joy she felt when she saw his face. A month was too long for her. She felt like she haven't seen him in forever. The Joker was stunned. He didn't remember y/n was this beautiful. "My queen" J said as looked at her like he had never seen a girl in his life before. Once the henchmen done with the lock and the door finally opened, y/n walked inside and stood in front of J. She couldn't tell if he was mad. His expression was unreadable. Even though J was in his straightjacket, y/n was still nervous and scared of him. What if he mad at me for coming here. What if he still mad at me for what happened last time? What if he still wants to kill me? Y/n walked up to him. Wanted nothing more than to just hold him as tight as she could, her mind was debating whether she should do it or not. "Come here" J said barely a whisper, but y/n doesn't need to be told twice as she ran up to and and hugged her clown lover as if there was no tomorrow. J wish he could get out of that straitjacket right now so he could finally wrap his arms around his queen. "You know I didn't mean to do that" J said, broke the silence. "What?" "It was an accident. That stupid bat hit me at the gun accidentally went off. God, do you have any idea how... s-scared I was. I thought I killed you, doll. You know I'd never pull the trigger toward you even if you'd try your hardest, right? You're my queen. I umm sorry for what I did. I know I was a jerk." J stuttered a bit. Not used to saying sorry. "I'll try to be better okay. But if you're still wanna leave then I can't hold you back. Just please stay... with me" Another word he wasn't used to. He had never apologized or begged before. Y/n nodded and whispered "I forgive you" in his ear. "Umm, sorry to interrupt,sir, but we should really get going. The guards and police are coming." Frost spoke. J grabbed y/n's hand and they made their way out of the asylum.

Tonight was the first night they laid in each other's arms in his master bedroom in his penthouse after what felt like forever. God, how they missed each other's touch.

J tried to be better for y/n. He drove home as soon as he finished with the meeting or mission. No more cheat. If he had some drinks and was drunk, he'd stay in another room until he felt better to go in their shared bedroom to cuddle with y/n. This way he wouldn't lose control and snapped at his queen. He had anger issue and y/n knows it (who wouldn't know) but he tried his best not to lose control when he was around her. It was hard for him but he tried hardest and managed to beat the voices inside his hard. Y/n really appreciated this.
Even though they was blood stain on his shirt some nights, y/n understands it was what he do. She knows she'd never ask him to stop killing, he was the Joker!! Y/n tried to be more understanding for him too.
They were both tried to be better for each other.
Things were only getting better. They were made for each other, and no matter what happened, they will always find their way back to each other.