[17] The Night Is Young-IV

Start from the beginning

Logan stopped and sighed. "Violet, what is it? Did you see anyone here? Because I don't know what are you trying to show me?"

Violet breathed shakily and shook her head. She pointed at their right on the wall and nodded.

"Look," she whispered while Logan finally turned his head. Chills ran down his spine when he finally saw it. His eyes widened and legs shook in nervousness. He couldn't believe his eyes and the very environment.

At first, he wasn't really serious that the beast could be here. He had thought that he must be in the woods only, looking for innocent ones in the village.

But now he truly believed and was serious about this. He could feel his throat drying in horror. "Lord! I need to inform the King." He whispered to himself.

Just as his own words processed in his mind, he turned to look at Violet. Grabbing her wrist, he started running back towards the Grand hall.

"What if they doubt you?" She whimpered while walking hurriedly along him.

Logan glared back at her and whisper-yelled, "I am not the beast, Violet. I was with Erasmus and now here with you too. I am not the werewolf. I am not killing people. That is why, I don't have to fear them for doubting me because they won't."

Just as they reached the doors of the hall, Logan held her shoulders and looked in her eyes. "Go to Samara and Rodwin. Tell him to reach me near the King's throne. I am going to tell this to the King and we both are the ones reporting him, he will not doubt us even by mistake which he shouldn't. Because none of us is the beast."

Violet couldn't help but shudder and nodded. "Was-Was that really. . . ?" She asked while pointing back towards the hallway.

Logan nodded while giving her a horrified look.

"It was him."

_______

Davis clenched his jaws at recalling how he had seen Rodwin kissing Samara in the balcony. It had been months since he realized his feelings for her and couldn't digest it until he danced with her tonight. First, she was taken by that Nathaniel and now, the best mate of his himself had taken the chance.

He sighed and looked at his mother. "The night is over almost. Let just leave, mother. I am not able to stay awake anymore. I want to sleep." He was even feeling a mild headache.

His mother only gave him an apologetic smile and sat helplessly. He knew that his mother never took his health lightly. Especially, since the day he had returned almost dead. But what could she do when the King's knights were not letting any of the families leave, all of a sudden?

Davis was tired of his pain. He felt weak at the moment and wanted to lie down.

One time, he was the strongest one of these soldiers and now, when he was brutally sick, Rodwin took advantage of his absence and caught Lord Commandant's eyes.

How could he do this to his own best friend? Davis had been the one who was always there with him all the time- whenever he needed money in need, whenever he needed anything.

He was the one who had helped him in teasing Samara even when he himself didn't want to. Logan was equally notorious like him but he was different. He was quiet and never liked mocking Samara because she was right at her place.

But Rodwin had always been stubborn and Davis hated it. He wished how he shouldn't have helped him in manhandling Samara in the street that day before the war. He was the one who broke his rules for his best mate while Rodwin got the kiss that he wanted.