[17] The Night Is Young-IV

Start from the beginning

He watched as she turned serious and turned around to look at him fully. Her eyes filling with curiosity as she palmed his chest and swallowed.

"The-The beast?"

He nodded. "It is a werewolf who is killing the people." He watched as she gasped and looked in his eyes frantically.

"B-But there are no wolves here-"

Logan sighed. "There are wolves in Sherfield, Violet. The Prince has told the story. Didn't he? Erasmus' brother was killed in front of his eyes and whatever traits and features, he had told. The seers are confirmed that it is a werewolf."

Violet gulped when he looked around and leaned more so only for her to listen his words. "Now, that it is clear that those ten soldiers were the only one who had seen or faced the wolves-"

She gasped. "It means that the werewolf is one of those ten soldiers?"

Logan nodded and observed her glancing back at Rodwin. He shook his head. "Because of this assumption, we innocent ones, would be doubted too by them."

Violet looked back at him confused. "We?"

He smiled sadly. "I was there too, Violet. I was one of three who had helped the injured one that night."

Violet widened her eyes. She lowered them and recalled how Prince had confessed that the one who had saved the injured soldier and the wolf was Rodwin. But he had brought two more friends with him. So this meant that one of them was Logan. She looked up at him in disbelief.

"You don't have to be scared, Violet. I am here with you and so is Rodwin." He said while glancing at the balcony.

"But it is just me who knows what King is planning. I am the messenger and have accompanied Lord Commandant all the time. So I know, how it all had happened. The King has discussed it with them about how the wolves must have cursed the soldiers or bit one of them for blood-thirst maybe. Then, he becomes the Werewolf. Now if you reduce me and Rodwin from the list, it is one of those eight soldiers." He exclaimed while Violet widened her eyes.

"I have to show you something," she whispered hurriedly while looking at him.

Logan's eyes narrowed when he saw her forehead filling with sweat beads. "Violet, you don't have to be so scared. I am here with you. What did you see?"

She breathed shakily and held his wrist. "Come. You need to see this."

He looked around and observed that most of the guests had left and the families who were related to those soldiers hadn't left yet. He clenched his jaws when he saw her glancing back at him fearfully.

What had she seen that had scared her so much? Was she doubting any of the soldiers? But there were hundred of soldiers which were recruited and if talking about the special ten which Prince recognized that night, Violet didn't know who the rest of the eight soldiers were.

She took him to the hallways and for once Logan thought of stealing a savage kiss from her. There was no one around but with her face, she looked really scared.

"Violet, first tell me. What did you see?"

She stopped when they reached the end of the hallway where another was beginning. She pointed at the new one. "Take this turn, and you will see."

He gulped and narrowed his eyes. Would there be another body? His skin crawled as he felt shivers down his spine. He held his breaths.

Violet caught his elbow and walked with him slowly as he looked to the long hallway where only two torches were lit, not giving enough light for them to move.