8 - Declan's Arrival (8/11/2018 New Chapter)

Börja om från början

*** Around 20 minutes later***

    A light rapping sounded against the bathroom door.

    Eden cracked an eye open, knowing full well who it would be even before she saw him.

Declan, in all his hateful glory, stood in the doorway, filling it with his muscled frame. Dressed in sweatpants and a loose-fitting black shirt, he looked ready for a morning run or ready for a morning assault. She couldn't decide which he was going to commit.  

    God, what a beast! The sight of him made her skin crawl. Eden stared blankly up at him, trying her best not to scowl. What did Diamond even see in him?

    Their gazes met. Declan's eyes. That was the first thing she noticed about him at Harvey's, and that's the first thing that caught her attention now. That piercing stare bore into her soul. 

Fine. Eden forced herself to admit his only attractive feature according to her. He has nice eyes. But that's it. I swear I can't stand anything else about him. Who cares if he is pleasantly fit? He's probably compensating for a small dick. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes steroids and his body turned his balls into shriveled prunes.

She bit the inside of her cheek to keep from laughing out loud. The last thing she needed was to anger him. 

Declan leaned against the doorway with his arms folded across his chest, showing off his biceps. He arched an eyebrow as though he was waiting for her to speak first. She wouldn't though, not in a million years. Now, she had to fight the urge to roll her eyes at his blatant display of toxic masculinity.

When she didn't make a move to speak, he entered the room, making sure to take his time. His gaze never left hers. He leaned against the bathroom counter and continued to study her. "Good morning, Eden." 

"Hello, Grand Master Payne." Eden cracked a smile.

Declan frowned, not understanding the joke like Matilda before him. "Are the sedatives still affecting you?"

"How does no one see the irony of this?" Eden caught his gaze drifting to her breasts. She quickly sunk beneath the surface and gathered suds around her.

"How are you feeling?"

"I feel like I've been drugged for your grouping pleasure, asshole. But thanks for asking." Eden spat out but immediately grew quiet at the shadow crossing his features. His jaw clenched, mouth pressing into a firm line, as his thumb rubbed at the center of his palm.

She purposely smiled her most innocent fuck you grin and asked, "Did I say something to upset you?" 

"I came to inform you that you won't receive that sedative again."

"But you still plan on drugging me?"

"That's entirely up to you, Eden. If you choose to comply with all of my requests then no, the sedative won't be necessary. But if you choose to be difficult, you won't leave me any other choice."

Eden rolled her eyes this time. "Well, you better stock up because I'm never going to make any of this easy for you."

"I wouldn't dream of it." He stepped forward, and Eden flinched away. Water sloshed over the side and splashed against the floor, soaking the rug on the other side of the tub. 

"Don't come near me."

Damn it! She regretted showing him even an ounce of fear when the side of his mouth perked up.

It was clear that he was amused.

"Stand up." He offered her his hand, but she didn't move to take it. "I need you to come with me."